• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Lost In Translation *ZOINK!*

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
Great flic, yet another must see!


But does anyone have the slightest clue what's said at the end of the movie?

Cheers,
Zigg
 

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I saw this movie this weekend and really liked it- my sister and her husband couldn't sit through it but I was pretty enthralled in it - I wanna know what he said at the end too
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Incrimin8

TRIBE Member
awsome movie, just saw it last night, great cinematography, some originality to it, although a bit like Lolita without any sex, and that Scarlett Johanson chick is sweet!! :D
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JAR

TRIBE Member
I recently read an article about the movie, and the writer asked Sophia Coppolla the same question about what was said in the end. Sophia said she had originally written a few suggestions for the Bill Murray character to say, but she couldn't even remember what was she had wrote. She said when they were shooting, Bill leaned in and ad libbed the line, which was inaudible. When Sophia asked him what he said, he replied that it was between the characters, and none of her business. She said she kept it that way in the movie, so that each viewer can think it to be whatever they felt appropriate, whether it was something meaningful or banal.
 

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lil'Timmy
Am I the only one who thought this was boring?

No, but I think that was the pace they were looking for.

A lot of movies these days seem to have that neutral anti-climactic feel to it. My interpretation is that it's supposed to emulate real life, or at least leave it up to the interpretation of the viewer, like the above mentioned last line that Bill Murray says to Scarlett Johansen in the last scene.

I get one for free from work today so maybe with the closed captioning, i'll be able to find out what was said in the last scene.
 

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
no you won't as what was said is not in the script as outlined above.

we're not supposed to know what he said, and if somehow we did it would cheapen the whole movie. those characters earned the right to that private moment, that's one of the reasons why it's such a special film.
 

JAR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious

I get one for free from work today so maybe with the closed captioning, i'll be able to find out what was said in the last scene.

my bet is the CC says inaudible .
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
what did the guy say at the end of radiohead's 'just' video?

maybe the closed captioning will tell me!
 

nocturne

New Member
"I bet all those nerds will try to figure out what I'm saying through the DVD's closed captioning.. haha nerds"
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
What was said?

"What was in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction?"

There was a theory floating around the intarweb

Ancinent egyptians used to believe that you could pull a mans soul out from the back of the neck, just below the skull. Remember Marcelace Wallace (sp?)? He was wearing a band-aid on his neck throughout the whole movie, and he was the one that wanted the breifcase. You'll also notice that the combination on the breifcase was 666. 6 being the number of man, because man was created on the 6th day.
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lil'Timmy
Am I the only one who thought this was boring?

You're so used to exciting things.
44616122.jpg
 

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JAR
I recently read an article about the movie, and the writer asked Sophia Coppolla the same question about what was said in the end. Sophia said she had originally written a few suggestions for the Bill Murray character to say, but she couldn't even remember what was she had wrote. She said when they were shooting, Bill leaned in and ad libbed the line, which was inaudible. When Sophia asked him what he said, he replied that it was between the characters, and none of her business. She said she kept it that way in the movie, so that each viewer can think it to be whatever they felt appropriate, whether it was something meaningful or banal.

Excellent response. that's exactly the way I pictured it. The point of the line was that it's subject to the way each person interprets the film. The answer to that question should be different depending on the person, and what they got out of the movie as an individual.

That film resonated with me so much, I didn't even think to ask anyone else what they thought. It was if I heard him scream the line at the top of his lungs.
 

squirrely

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
What was said?

"What was in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction?"

the next time i see Lost in Translation i am going to imagine them saying this.

and i will laugh.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top