• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

looking sexy - guys

kmsmith

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo

My fellow photo colleague Sean Sprague dresses like this. At first, we were like "ew, he's dirty." But the more we hung out with him, the more it was hot. He looked dirty and unbathed. And all scruffy. But he never smelled and was never really all that dirty. We all wanted to take him in the darkroom and lick his balls.
So, by that token, pretending to be something that you totally are not is hot? Personally, I loathe that shit. To me, it simply screams "Hey, look at me!! I spend two hours in the bathroom every morning primping and trying to look like I don't care about my appearance..." If style says something about someone as a person, what does this say, exactly? I have no personality of my own, so I have to pretend to be something I totally look like I'm not?

Meh...
Kyle.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

IgStar

TRIBE Member

00086.L.JPG

Drunk crooner after his set. Pretty hot.
Dishevelled chic is hot.

[

I want him. I could just eat him up!
*drools*

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr

this guy's silhouette screams confidence

Nice silhouette too. Fuck the pink.

What's with this word "silhouette" I've been hearing so much as of late? What does it mean in terms of fashion?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
hey mofo do they sell any of that stuff at the big and tall store ?

didn't think so whon-whon :( (cue the rotton tomatoes)

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kmsmith
So, by that token, pretending to be something that you totally are not is hot? Personally, I loathe that shit. To me, it simply screams "Hey, look at me!! I spend two hours in the bathroom every morning primping and trying to look like I don't care about my appearance..." If style says something about someone as a person, what does this say, exactly? I have no personality of my own, so I have to pretend to be something I totally look like I'm not?

Meh...
Kyle.

It's not that he's pretending to be something. He throws on old and ratty vintage clothes that imply a lot of things. It's about ease. To Sean, vintage clothes are cool, they are cheap and don't take a lot of maintenance. So when he comes in, he looks somewhat like a bum. The complete opposite of what you are talking about: all prepared and strategized.

I, too, don't think too hard about what I wear and what I purchase. It's not my thing anymore. Style should be effortless, thrown together. Because I believe that when you throw things on, that tells others a lot about your instincts. I hardly look in the mirror anymore because it's just pointless unless you're shaving.

But his personality and talent really overshadows his dress. Inevitably, his mode of dress (or his uniform) really coincide with his insides. It's effortless. Hence, why we all think he needs to sit on our faces.

Now, I can't say the same for a lot of people on Queen Street. You know who you are: braindead, full of effort and totally boring. Yeah, you have the latest shoes and you've got the style but open your mouth, and you might as well be wearing sweatpants.

Everyone has a uniform, whether they want to admit it or not. People who claim to be "not into trends" are totally into trends. In fact, those people are so conscious of not wanting "to look like someone else," that they, in turn, standardize their wardrobe to convey that they are not into trends. It's all very contradictory.

And yeah, sometimes playing a "character" with a certain style of fashion can transcend superficiality. I saw a guy today wearing a newsies cap, chinos, a light blue Oxford striped shirt with a great thick tie. Over all this, a v-neck white cashmere Polo knit shirt with the collar up and "wind-blown." Brown shoes and cool socks, he looked like a little dapper Polo player reading his Michael Crichton novel. In short, he looked interesting as a first impression. Playing a character isn't being someone else; it's emphasizing certain aspects of your personality.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Michlerish
What's with this word "silhouette" I've been hearing so much as of late? What does it mean in terms of fashion?

I guess it's one of those fashion terms that really comes from the principles and elements of art/design.

You can think of it literally in terms of proportions of the silhouette of the form. Pretend they are a literally a silhouette. Are the proportions cool looking? Are they flattering? Are they interesting?

A lot of designers and fashion lovers will look at silhouettes to really get their preferred look. It's a good basis.
For instance, a long dress for a wedding. A baggy pair of jeans..
Jean cuts are basically silhouettes: bootcut, slim fit, tapered, flared etc...

Same with where shirts should end at the waist, how poofy should a skirt be, how much the shirt can be tucked, how flappy are the sleeves, is the hat the right size? etc...

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Resolver
SlimSchmitties2000.jpg

Is my Foo Fighters Tattoo out of style in this pic?? What about my bleached hair??keep in mind, it's all fake!!

Matt, that is a fantastic photo.

THAT should be enlarged, framed and in a gallery. Wow. So fucking chic. It's part Martin Parr, part William Eggleston and bordering on Nan Goldin.

Very nice!

dj_jake_the_snake

TRIBE Member
ok to him a gino is anyone who is fit, attractive and dresses in style, as opposed to wearing whatever mom bought for you. He does not mean the hyper masochistic bull riding honda civic driving marketing student from shulich.

Also, how do u tell someone they need to get the huge mole on their face removed? And how do you tell them that the amount of hair they have on their body is only meant for chimpanzees and gorilla's?