• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

looking for spicy paint colors

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
anyone do interior painting that involved colors resembling spices e.g. ground coriander, ground red chili, saffron etc.??

i'm looking for a line of paint colors that bring to mind spices for sale, in piles on a blanket in an indian market - you've seen the pictures I'm sure.

edit: and yeah, i'm searching via google but no luck yet

badkitty

TRIBE Member
my friend used a nice one lately that was like a chili powder colour.
it was ralph lauren, and thats about all i know.

mingster

TRIBE Member
have you tried looking for paint swatches at paint stores?

you'll probably find lots of spice colours there.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
yeah we've grabbed a bunch of swatches and are going to have to get more (had a change of mind since we grabbed the first bunch) but there are SO many colors to choose from - thought if I found out a line / brand name it would make it easier.

will check out the ralph lauren, for example, to start.

thanks!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jus me
behr paints

this is the first one i was told about and it's a totally useful and yet overwhelming site to use -- so many colors and i guess i'm just not great at using their color selectors -- good advice though and I'm sure it'll be the one I end up using unless someone has some specific paint color names for me.

MARCin

TRIBE Member
take the bottle of whatever spice ya want to Sherin Williams store(best paints in my opinion), and tell them to match it. Yer problem solved.

echo

TRIBE Member
you could try lookin for lines that are moroccan inspired as well....they tend to have alot of spicy colours :) It seems to be "the thing" right now.

I am totally loving the moroccan inspired designs that i have been noticing in alot of magazines lately. Not overboard moroccan, just the beautiful rich colours incorporated with some of the more fluid shapes too.

<----needs to have a bigger house so she has more rooms to decorate :)

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by echo
you could try lookin for lines that are moroccan inspired as well....they tend to have alot of spicy colours :) It seems to be "the thing" right now.

I am totally loving the moroccan inspired designs that i have been noticing in alot of magazines lately. Not overboard moroccan, just the beautiful rich colours incorporated with some of the more fluid shapes too.

<----needs to have a bigger house so she has more rooms to decorate :)

yeah, i want the room to be indian inspired / moroccan inspired - i know they're not the same thing, but same idea - rich colors, fabrics, lotsa pillows, textures, in those wonderful color palettes

<-----watching too many decorating shows!!

echo

TRIBE Member
oh that sounds lovely!!

Be sure to post pictures of the finished room so all of us "design lovers" can appreciate!

Good luck with your hunt :)