• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

looking for remixes

Mike Goodwin

TRIBE Member
I have never posted in this room before so hello to all.

I am looking for some tracks that have hooks that a "non club culture" crowd hear and know right away. I have just started playing a fetish party once a month and the crowd rely likes to hear stuff they know. The tone has to be on the darker side though.

Any tips as to where I might look would be great.

Thanks

dirtbag

TRIBE Member
hmm
there are some good remixes of rock tunes out there
there are also a ton of cheesy ones
check out josh patrick
he does imo some really great white label remix stuff of rock songs
i wouldnt say his remixes are dark though
but hes got some remixes of bands like the smiths, interpol, the yeah yeah yeahs
it might be exacly what youre looking for
last time i checked dance records had quite a few of his records
you could also go to juno or dancerecords and do a search of different 'styles' and type rock into the search fields and you might turn up some stuff thatd be good

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
There were some ok remixes of Korn - Twisted Transistor that came out not long ago that would fit the bill.

hmm what else.

TRO

TRIBE Member
NIN has a slew of remixes done in house by trent...on various differnt halo's...

another artist to look at is photek...he did one for NIN's hand that feeds

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Mike,

If you don't have them already you should. Buy Trans X 'Living on Video' and 'Male Stripper' by Man 2 Man (unless you're homophobic of course).

If I recall correctly, you also produce so you could easily touch these up to a 'modern' sound.

Cheers,
J<

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Mike Goodwin

TRIBE Member
loopdokter said:
Mike,

If you don't have them already you should. Buy Trans X 'Living on Video' and 'Male Stripper' by Man 2 Man (unless you're homophobic of course).

If I recall correctly, you also produce so you could easily touch these up to a 'modern' sound.

Cheers,
J<
Good ones :) and yes I have both. And no I am in no way homophobic. That would be a problem seeing that I work in a mostly gay enviroment every weekent :)

Thanks for all the input folks. I took a look for that Josh Patric fella on beatport but had no luck. I will continue to look for things though. The best remixes I have found have been of Depeche Mode. They tend to be nice and dark but one can only play so many Depeche Mode remixes in a night :cool:

dirtbag

TRIBE Member
Mike Goodwin said:
I took a look for that Josh Patric fella on beatport but had no luck. I will continue to look for things though. The best remixes I have found have been of Depeche Mode. They tend to be nice and dark but one can only play so many Depeche Mode remixes in a night :cool:
yeah, all his stuff is white label. so you definitely wont find any of it on beatport.

like TRO said, photek is great

also the BCML remix of the Clash - london calling is awesome
but again, white label

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
how about tracks like:

- jack your body (not a remix, but for some reason it popped into my head when you mentioned fetish :) )
- king unique - dirty (should work with a fetish crowd)
- pqm - you are sleeping

jc