• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

looking for: puppy... small to med. breed

northern6

TRIBE Member
as the title says,

ive just moved into my new condo with my fiance and were looking for an addition to our family. ive been looking all over, internet, animal shelters, etc. and haven't yet found something suitable. most shelters only have large dogs, and well im really hesitant to buy from a pet store as i dont really want to support puppy mills. if anyone knows of anyone with a litter of pups could you please let me know. or perhaps someone with a small to medium dog that is a year or so old and needs a good home.

thank you so much in advance...

cheers

Jon

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

paetsr

TRIBE Member
mini-schnauzer

My friend Susan passed me a fwd-ed email of a mini-schnauzer,.. about month ago. I don't know if it's still available, but you can try to email Steven about it... just make sure you say you found out about it from Susan (from Peter).
svong06 @ yahoo.ca

Original message:
To: Susan <susan_trinh@hotmail.com>, TJ <jonix_d@hotmail.com>
Subject: Fwd: Pics. of mini-schnauzer (forgot some info.)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 08:32:37 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry, forgot to include some info. He is salt and pepper in colour, 5months old, very smart, affectionate, hypoallergenic, non-shedding, house trained.
Will sit on command. 1st shot, dewormed.

feel free to ask me for additional info.

Note: forwarded message attached.

Pete,

kyfe

TRIBE Member
northern6 said:
as the title says,

ive just moved into my new condo with my fiance and were looking for an addition to our family. ive been looking all over, internet, animal shelters, etc. and haven't yet found something suitable. most shelters only have large dogs, and well im really hesitant to buy from a pet store as i dont really want to support puppy mills. if anyone knows of anyone with a litter of pups could you please let me know. or perhaps someone with a small to medium dog that is a year or so old and needs a good home.

thank you so much in advance...

cheers

Jon

don't take this the wrong way but a dog is not a toy, if you really want a dog I'd suggest researching breeds and picking one that suits your lifestyle.

for example you said you live in a condo and are looking for a small dog, a jack russell terrier is a small dog and they need the most exercise and definately a backyard, which probably makes it not a good choice for you.

getting a dog is like getting married its for better or worse and a lifelong commitment. you and the dog will be much happier if you enjoy eachother rather than them being a burden.

flipflop

small doggies

I adopted Toby a cream Shiba Inu from the rescue below:
http://www.shibarescuegta.ca/

He is one cool doggie and perfect for my lifestyle-I live in a smallish space, a 800 sq ft condo townhouse.

He's quiet, playful, and very smart. Most Shiba Inu's are about 25-30 lbs and of a sturdy build, not fragile at all for a small dog.

They are sometimes described as a mini-akita.

I would recommend checking out a breeder or one of the meet-up's like this one:
http://shibainu.meetup.com/4/

Hope this helps!

Jonny Thrice

TRIBE Member
as said above, I recommend a Shiba too as a condo pet. I've been looking for one for months!

Actually, thanks for the link....I'm gonna check that out! I live in MTL, but havent been able to find any Shibas around here....

SWEET!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders