1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

looking for Oink invite

Discussion in 'Technology' started by skin deep, Oct 6, 2006.

1. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

you guys should pay for your music, 80 albums * $20 each is only $1600, you can afford it :p

p.s where all the waffles/what users at?

2. JOSHB

JOSHB TRIBE Member

*taps foot

3. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

I just got invited to stmusic.org by a friend whom I invited to Oink. Haven't poked around much yet, but the site seems ugly & slow, a couple of 500 errors, but at least it's something.

4. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

I'm still hoping someone here will link me with an invite to Waffles and What

5. miss riot

miss riot TRIBE Promoter

If anyone wants to trade, I have a stmusic.org invite to trade for waffles/what

Please!!! I'll do anything!!

6. SlipperyPete

I'm now on What.cd & stmusic.org - I think I'll be mostly ignoring stmusic due to the interface issues.
    what.cd has an oink-like interface and with only 20000 users surprisingly good connection speeds.
    they've just closed registration again, but I'll spread some around as soon as they are ready to expand their user base again.

7. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

8. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

hey what's your ID on what, SP? I'm mcflash.

Just got it last night and have been leeching like crazy.

If anyone needs an invite for what.cd I have two. Just PM me your email address and I'll send em out today so you can have some leech time before freeleech ends.

9. Flashy_McFlash

Sorry folks, that was a bit premature. They capped the user list at 20000 and while there were spots open last night, they are closed now.

Rajio and bitchass will get invites if/when they open again.

10. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

Ha.

Nobody likes a tease.

11. physix

physix TRIBE Member

i'm not doing anything with music torrents for awhile... i don't trust any of the new 'Oink replacements'... i'm sticking with filelist and filemp3 for now.

12. SlipperyPete

both stmusic & what.cd usernames are the same as for Tribe - feel free to add me & make recommendations; it'll take me awhile to get my torrent client full of 100+ seeds...

13. Flashy_McFlash

what's not to trust? If it goes down, it's still cost you nothing.

edit: cool beans, Slippery.

14. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

Looking for an invite to What.cd, especially if I invited you to Oink.

*wink wink*
    *nudge nudge*

15. JOSHB

JOSHB TRIBE Member

Im starving over here.... ;)

16. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

me too , running out of tunes!

17. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

So What.cd has taken the current throne? Did anyone get on waffles?

If anyone knows when registration opens again, or gets a invite I'd be very appreciative.

18. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

waffles seems to have the most active house/techno sections of the two. still not near what oink was doing though.

19. EffinHard

EffinHard TRIBE Member

what/waffles PUHLEASE - will give case of 12 imported beer for invites (your choice)

you can choose to drink domestic but I will lower my opinion of you.

20. miss riot

miss riot TRIBE Promoter

What has an disproportionate seeders to leechers ratio making it difficult to up your own ratio. Everyone is going mad with uploads! Which in the long run will be a good thing but with the limited number of users, it also has a lonnnnng way to go to be anywhere near Oink's thoroughness. Hopefully in a year, it'll be solid.

I don't have a Waffles account so I can't comment.

21. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

i have a long lineup of friends waiting for invites to stmusic and what

unfortunately neither site ever opens up registrations of new users, so i can never invite anyone

it's really dumb

22. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

So elite no one can join. Sweet!

23. miss riot

miss riot TRIBE Promoter

So frustrating! Everything is trying to be too cautious/esoteric/elite whatever, and then all of us oinkers are displaced and all the music/apps/etc. I'm tired of flipping between all the sites. torrents, stmusic, what, etc.

OINK RIP!

24. jw

jw TRIBE Member

here are some stats from the sites mentioned in this thread. If you gauge greatness on the number of torrents, waffles seems to have them topped..

Code:
    what
    Maximum users	35,000
    Registered users	33,028
    Torrents	61,132
    Peers	193,249
    Seeders	184,308
    Leechers	8,941
    Seeder / Leecher Ratio	21

stmusic
    Registered users	50,249
    Torrents	45,291
    Peers	183861
    Seeders	178080
    Leechers	5781
    Seeder/leecher ratio (%)	3080

waffles
    Online Since	2007-10-25
    Registered users	14,698
    Torrents	70,594

if you're looking for invites, best bet it to jump on their IRC channels..

jW

25. kcosta

kcosta TRIBE Member

If any one sent in proof of oink membership to waffles, check your junk folder for your invite. That is where I found mine.