• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Looking for Black Out Blinds. Where to shop?

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I've got a HUGE window in my room. And well.. it gets REALLY bright in there at 8am.

Where can I get Black Out Blinds? How much do they cost?

I'm guessing Blinds of all kinds... but where is there one?

Funzo

TRIBE Member
I had this problem at my apartment last year, bed sheets (if you're not concerned about looking like a skid) work wonders!!

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
HAHA.

Yah.. I've been there and done that. Thing is... I LOVE the Huge window. It's great... except for when you are trying to sleep and have to hide under a pillow as to not get blinded awake.

I want to be able to open the blinds after I wake up in the morning.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Home Depot sells the roller blinds that will do the trick and can cut them to your size.

And then get the normal blinds to cover up those ugly roller ones :p

pr0nstar :D

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i've bought blinds at Home Depot before. i am sure that anywhere you shop for blinds will probably also sell black-out blinds.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Yah,.. there's already some vertical blinds that do nothing for preventing light... they just make it impossible to see in... so when I'm walking arround nekkid no one can see.

But I normally open the blinds when I'm nekkid just for fun.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

chooch

TRIBE Member
you could try roll up blinds found in the China town area. they come in light colours (i think they come in heavy rice paper and also cotton) my room mate found his in black, and they serve him well for mid afternoon sleep ins, have style, work to blot out the sun and are affordable.

:)

OTIS

TRIBE Member
I had this problem last year when trying to block out light as my eyes are insanely sensitive to even the minutest traces of light. I bought these thick Ikea blinds and they still ended up letting in too much light, so I went to one of the fabric stores downtown and bought a few meters of thick black fabric which I sewed onto the backs of my current blinds, and it worked perfectly.

If all else fails, go with the black fabric.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories