• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Looking for Apartment

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
Im looking for a bachelor, jr. one bedroom, or one bedroom for June or July 1st.
Looking to spend $800 MAX. I know it might be difficult but Im gonna try to only spend this...I will spend more if the place is close to my work and amazing.

thanks!

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I lived at weston and Eg. for a year it's pretty sketchy,Mostly just the bus ride, and the people who hang around on the street.. that place is just south of Eglinton so its not as bad (I grew up at lawrence and weston whichway worse now...) I would never consider moving back there.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Personally I like the high park area... it's where my new home is now. High park has a tone of rentals out there. When it's nice outside take a walk in a neighborhood you would like to live in, and check for the renter signs... it's the best way to find those hidden gems.

jungalissa

TRIBE Member
Hey!
I am moving into 798 Richmond, it is a great building with all NEW renovated bachelors, they are very very very tiny, but nice.

There is also a gym in the building, a games room with pool table and fooseball(sp?), a sauna. All units have AC.

Rent = 725 all inclusive. No balcony but the building has a very big greenery area with a gazeebo and it is located right by Trinity Bellwoods Park

Oh, they are also going to have a room with free wireless internet:D

let me know if you want the contact and I will dig it up:)

lucky1

TRIBE Member
i live on niagara (south of King) I know that building.. the renovated swuites just seem so small! (they've cleaned up the building alot though.. the siding is kind of funny. though.. we laugh about that.. its taken two years to do one side of the building lol

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lucky1

TRIBE Member
still though if what you are looking for is location, and independant living the price is right. great area. Queen street around Niagara is the new queen west. the park is great to.. nice to have green space so close.

my place is a lot more than that..lol and its hard to afford.. i keep deciding to move, but then i change my mind

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
still looking :)
im thinking i want to live in roncesvalles now...

i have apartment hunting

any leads are appreciated :D

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
^^Ronnces is a great area... it was where I wanted to move to other than highpark. A lot of good shops there, and little food joints too chill and eat at.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
i've been looking for a place for a solid 6 weeks... it's tough to find anything decent that doesn't cost 1500 a month! for a 1 bedroom that is...

I'm thinking i might just bite the bullet and buy a 1 bedroom in an older condo building..

squirrely

TRIBE Member
i have a friend who's letting her bachelor go for june 1st. it's at yonge and davisville and $745/month inclusive.

thought i'd mention it just in case you change your mind on the neighbourhood.

she adores her unit and had just finished painting it when she got a new job in calgary.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
junglegirl said:
hmmm ive seen a tonne
where are you looking ev?

i'm looking between queens quay, bathurst, queen and jarvis.

i've have actually seen a lot of places that weren't too bad.. but if i'm going to shell out 1200 a month.. it might as well be for a mortgage. then i can keep the place and rent it out after a couple of years.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
squirrely said:
i have a friend who's letting her bachelor go for june 1st. it's at yonge and davisville and $745/month inclusive.

thought i'd mention it just in case you change your mind on the neighbourhood.

she adores her unit and had just finished painting it when she got a new job in calgary.

I would like to take a look at this...

21 grams

TRIBE Member
jeeez. you can find bachelor or a room for like 300-500 even on Younge and Bloor, and Etobicoke is even better. 800 is good for like 2 bedroom appartment.

Maui

TRIBE Member
lol 21 g's, is that how much you did before posting that crazy talk!

I've been looking for a bachelor with a max limit of $700 and realized it's not going to happen. I'm now looking to get one roomate and am expecting to pay that same amount, but hopefully maybe a bit less.

I forgot what a nightmare it is house hunting. :(

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories