• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Looking for an obituary

rhyss

TRIBE Member
I just found out that a good friend of mine died in the last two months in Montreal. I had been in and out of contact with him for the past few years and am still in shock about this.

I know that a few people here work in papers and have access to an extensive datebase of news articles and I am hoping that they can help me find out some info.

His name is Matthew Hodgins. He lived in Montreal when he died but the obituary would also have been in Orillia. Please, can someone help with any info that they can regarding this.

Post or PM me here.

rhyss

TRIBE Member
I am in total shock. Only a few of our friends from Orillia know and I was going to go up north to do some visiting with them and this is the news that I will also be bringing. I want to have the story straight so we can openly discuss this.

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
sorry to hear about this loss.

i was looking for an older obituary online a while ago.
i'm curious to know how to search as well.

i hope you're successful.

millicent

TRIBE Member
rhyss said:
I am in total shock. Only a few of our friends from Orillia know and I was going to go up north to do some visiting with them and this is the news that I will also be bringing. I want to have the story straight so we can openly discuss this.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I don't think the obituary will give you the 'straight story' though. Most obituaries only list the person's name, age, date of death and info about the funeral. It might say he died "suddenly" or "after a long illness" but it won't give you any details. If it's important to you to find out what led up to his death it would probably be more fruitful to speak with his friends or family.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rhyss

TRIBE Member
millicent said:
Sorry to hear about your friend. I don't think the obituary will give you the 'straight story' though. Most obituaries only list the person's name, age, date of death and info about the funeral. It might say he died "suddenly" or "after a long illness" but it won't give you any details. If it's important to you to find out what led up to his death it would probably be more fruitful to speak with his friends or family.
thanks for all the support. I did end up getting in touch with his mom and do have all of the information, but I would like a copy of the obituary for my files and for our friends.

He was a terribly passionate individual and I will miss him incredibly.

acheron

TRIBE Member
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]HODGINS, Matthew Timothy Ryan; ; Montreal QC; Orillia Packet & Times (ON); 2006-3-25

... I did a search of the Packet & Times website but it came up blank. You can make a request for the obit by emailing
the line above to
[/FONT][SIZE=-1]janet.jones@ontarioobits.com.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
Hope this helps. - sorry for your loss.[/SIZE]
[FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

acheron

TRIBE Member
ah, hey... I had sent the email myself just in case... janet got back to me asap...

HODGINS, Matthew Timothy Ryan (1975- 2006): Passed away suddenly on March 22nd in Montreal where he had been living. Matthew will forever be in the hearts of his parents, Pam and Paul Allen of Marchmont, his sisters, Amy and Rebecca, his grandmother, Pat Dixon and his Uncle, Chris Dixon. If desired, memorial donations to the Canadian Mental Health Association would be appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to the Mundell Funeral Home, 79 West St. N., Orillia, Ontario.

rhyss

TRIBE Member
thank you acheron. I have lots of friends that I just don't know how to say this too. Passing this obituary on gets the information rolling so we can all start talking about him.