• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Looking for a Toronto Sports Bar That Enjoys the Company of Baseball

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
Any tips on central or west-central (lets say DVP to Dufferin, south of Dupont) that will give preference to Game 5 of the NLCS (Doc vs. Freak) instead of the Leafs game?

Not just one TV in the corner tuned in, but a place that will actually play the audio too?

Kind of embarrassed by this city - no businesses seem willing to cater to those of us who prefer playoff baseball rather than early-season hockey.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
SOL is all I have to say.

I highly doubt you will find one that will cater to the NLDS over the Leafs.

Silverback92

TRIBE Member
Kind of embarrassed by this city - no businesses seem willing to cater to those of us who prefer playoff baseball rather than early-season hockey.

I'm sure the same happens in the states about hockey. Who cares?!? That's why you only see 20,000 at the Rogers center, this is a hockey town. The most boring hockey game is still 100% more exciting than watching a guy take 2 fucking mins to throw a ball. ooooH ahhhh everybody watch the ball roll up the field.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i think they got your jist the 1st time around.
just go to a place with a shitload of tv's...they cant all be on the leafs.

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
Honestly I get angry when there is baseball on and it is on the TV in front of my table when there is a hockey game on also. I fucking hate baseball.

Obviously just an opinion, but it is a very common one.

Silverback92

TRIBE Member
^^ yeah what he said, who cares that only a few people want to watch a boring sport. While the rest of us want to watch the quickest game on 2 feet.

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
We got the game at our table at Hoops on Queen.
Was kind of expecting them to switch over to the baseball audio once the Leafs game was over. But instead they showed the end of the Habs game. That ended 10 minutes later. Then they let commercials run over the system for 10 minutes. I asked them to switch it over to the ball game. Instead they put on the Sharks/Oilers game.

Yes, I get it - it's a hockey town. But the Sharks? Weak.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
I once went to a sports bar outside Cleveland that had 10 screens showing different sports/games. Each table had its own speakers which could be tuned to whichever television that tickled your fancy.