• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Looking for a quality MC.

oddmud

TRIBE Member
I've got this track thats pretty much as far as I can get it. About 3 people that have previewed it said it would really sound wicked with a good MC. Now I know Toronto must have some decent dedicated MC's. If anyone knows of one, could you please contact me as soon as possible.

ez,
jase.
influenza

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
Bandit is probably your best bet for a tdot mc to be rhyming over breaks.
and once I heard E-by-Gum (is this guy even around anymore) drop some rhymes of a Nokturnal set, and it wasnt too shabby.

TheDirtBikeKid

TRIBE Member
I think it was G.T.M? that had an MC when Breakfest was at System. I can't remember his name, nice guy, good MC and he should still be in Van.
Dave

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
yeah, I've only really heard Enlight over UK Garage and some DnB, but the man always does the damage

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Hispeeddub

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TheDirtBikeKid
I think it was G.T.M? that had an MC when Breakfest was at System. I can't remember his name, nice guy, good MC and he should still be in Van.
Dave
MC SWEAT aka DJ NUDLEZ ... mad skillz

o0Ira0o

TRIBE Member
P.O.P. MC,

Luis does it up right! Talk to REMI XO on here for contact info. Or actually, I still have his number if you want it.

But REMI (aka Tha Butcha) has some sets recorded with Luis rhyming.

Peace, Ira

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

oddmud

TRIBE Member
ok people, first off MC SWEAT? booo!

He's a vancouver yolkel.. booo!

second of all, i dont want just names, i'm not from toronto and don't know any of these people, i want ambious people/mc's to contact me.

Soda-20Hz

TRIBE Member
Jason.... why don't you go and listen to some mc's instead of getting everyone to do your dirty work for you. There are plenty of good mc's in Van... question is what kind of mc do u want?... I mean there really isn't a good "Breaks" mc out there.... is there even such a thing as a breaks mc?

Oh and I was the A&R for Hard On Music (the label MC Sweat was on... now defunct).... and i've heard him and GTM's new material.... it's ok at best.

-s

Last edited:

oddmud

TRIBE Member
Crap MC's in Vancouver.

Dirty work? I don't have the time to seek out mc's. I figured someone around here might know someone thats looking for work.

Stay out of my Business, Dad! :p

Soda-20Hz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmud
Crap MC's in Vancouver.

Dirty work? I don't have the time to seek out mc's. I figured someone around here might know someone thats looking for work.

Dude come on.... there are loads of good MC's in Vancouver. Do you even go to any hip hop nights?.... and not the chesse ball nights like Sonar on Wednesdays, but like Monday night Live at the Pic Pub. Peep that night out one time.

Yeah man dirty work. How can you work with an MC if you don't know anything about them. Jezzzus.

Are you coming to the Pic Pub tonight for Soul Of Man?

oddmud

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soda-20Hz
Are you coming to the Pic Pub tonight for Soul Of Man?
I spent all my money on Christmas gifts. Melissa is taking me to see Lord of the Rings 3: ROTK. So I'm guessing not, unless we can get listed and she buys the drinks, I'll ask her if she wants to go.

:)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

oddmud

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soda-20Hz
Dude come on.... there are loads of good MC's in Vancouver. Do you even go to any hip hop nights?.... and not the chesse ball nights like Sonar on Wednesdays, but like Monday night Live at the Pic Pub. Peep that night out one time.
I dont really have time to go check out those nights, and believe you me. I barely fit into a electronic night, i'd probably get my ass beat if i went to the hip hop nights.

:)

hahahaha

Soda-20Hz

TRIBE Member
Jason.... come down to the night. I'll list ya!

Oh and bring me a CD-R of that Kylie choon.... i gave it a listen, sounds alright, may drop it in the set tonight.

oddmud

TRIBE Member
CDR in hand with everything you'll need from us.

Plus we'll be down there about 11.

Thanks Andrew,

jase.