• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

looking for a bike lock

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mike Goodwin
Need to get a lock for my girlfriends bike. Anyone have one kicking around?
i have a couple lying around.

U-lock that came with a bike i bought

or a kryptonite flex cable clear grey black rubber sheath

2 keys for each.

PM me.

-glycht

Maui

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by diablo
Just use a sign that says "Please do not steal this bike".
It would be interesting to see how that would turn out.

And don't count on any lock to prevent theft. I wouldn't leave your bike alone for too long. The crooks can break any lock in a matter of seconds.

Maui

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Maui
It would be interesting to see how that would turn out.

And don't count on any lock to prevent theft. I wouldn't leave your bike alone for too long. The crooks can break any lock in a matter of seconds.

Maui
untrue, the bike lock i have is a 34' tri tempered steel that is linked chain, and as well cannot be cut through with bolt cutters, you need a chop saw, that is powered by a generator, from the back of a pick up truck as well as something to hold the chain in place.
the lock itslef is built in a high density steel housing with barely enough room for one of the links to go through the lock down bolt, so you cannot PRY it open, hammering the lock tumbler housing/key entrypoint is very dificut, small thin entry hole, and the housing of entire lock is 1/2 inch steel

entire thing weighs almost as much as my bike.

it can be gotten through, but it costs more than my bike and lock are worth, i ride a lite old 10 speed norco, for couriering in the city.
worth about 100$ maybe.

rental for saw = a whole lot more.

kryptonite lock is 20-22 inches maybe, nice n lite. paid 50$ asking 25$
U-lock. 10$

make me an offer, i dont use em.:D

-glycht

Last edited:

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: looking for a bike lock

Originally posted by glych t.anomaly

or a kryptonite flex cable clear grey black rubber sheath
i had that lock and my bike was stolen when i had it locked up.
just a word to the wise.

:( (still sad about my bike and it was almost 2 years ago)

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I don't want a lock as heavy as my bike, kind of defeats the purpose of riding a light bike if you have to carry the lock around.. Thanks anyway.