• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Looking 4 a venue to have a party, and I need tribers help

dj_dopamine

TRIBE Member
As u can see by the name (dj dopamine) I am not a promoter.
This time around I am hoping to cut out the middle man & promote
a party myself. One little problem, I have no idea what is in store 4 me, and
when I call a club they never call me back.
So what is in store 4 me, do I have to rent the club out?
Do they require a deposit?
Can I ever get it 4 free?
Do I have to pay 4 security?
Do any tribers have good hook up’s with club owners??
If so, help a brother out!

Looking 4 a venue that will hold 100 or more people 4 Feb 14th.
 

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by dj_dopamine
As u can see by the name (dj dopamine) I am not a promoter.
This time around I am hoping to cut out the middle man & promote
a party myself. One little problem, I have no idea what is in store 4 me, and
when I call a club they never call me back.
So what is in store 4 me, do I have to rent the club out?
Do they require a deposit?
Can I ever get it 4 free?
Do I have to pay 4 security?
Do any tribers have good hook up’s with club owners??
If so, help a brother out!

Looking 4 a venue that will hold 100 or more people 4 Feb 14th.
What style of music are you looking to play @ said party?

Send me a PM, I'm been involved in throwing parties for almost 9 years, I can help you with some ideas.

I'd might even be willing to spin for ya.
:D :D :D
 

kat

TRIBE Member
ive only been involved in this once..so someone will correct me but smeh:

do I have to rent the club out?

yes - maybe it depends on the venue, but i think yes.

Do they require a deposit?

yes (the deposit was $2000 at the Opera House - about $5000 total)

Can I ever get it 4 free?

probably, or for cheaper
but you'd have to have that arranged before you sign the contract

Do I have to pay 4 security?

most clubs have their own and its covered in the deposit/rent

Do any tribers have good hook up’s with club owners??

probably, they will post here and be more helpful than me
 

dynasty

TRIBE Member
My good friend has opened up a bar/ lounge on St. Claire. They venue holds approx. 100 people.

Call Nadia:

Zemra Bar Lounge 416-651-3123
778 St Clair Avenue West

tina
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Try Runix at Bay and Dundas- they have an upstairs space for rental, pretty cool, had several parties there. Person to talk to is Cynthia. Capacity is around 150 - 200, but 100 - 120 people doesn't seem too empty. Pool table too.

They charged us $75 for the space and gave us a bar minimum of $1500 (not too unusual unfortunately). You also have to hire a security guy at $100 for the night.

Fair sound system, so we brought in a couple of things too - you'd have to check that angle out y'self and see what you need, but no monitor for dj there so we brought that.

Great staff, really, and Cynthia is cool.

How do make that bar minimum -- you need at least 100 people and they need to be drinking. You need to try to get them there starting around 11 pm. We only missed the minimum once out of the 4 times we had parties there ... and that was because it was a shite night and only around 60 people showed.
 

dj_dopamine

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sunshyne Jones
Try Runix at Bay and Dundas- they have an upstairs space for rental, pretty cool, had several parties there. Person to talk to is Cynthia. Capacity is around 150 - 200, but 100 - 120 people doesn't seem too empty. Pool table too.

They charged us $75 for the space and gave us a bar minimum of $1500 (not too unusual unfortunately). You also have to hire a security guy at $100 for the night.

Fair sound system, so we brought in a couple of things too - you'd have to check that angle out y'self and see what you need, but no monitor for dj there so we brought that.

Great staff, really, and Cynthia is cool.

How do make that bar minimum -- you need at least 100 people and they need to be drinking. You need to try to get them there starting around 11 pm. We only missed the minimum once out of the 4 times we had parties there ... and that was because it was a shite night and only around 60 people showed.
so what happens if u don't make the bar minimum?
do u owe them the rest?
 

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
^^^ oh yeah

at the end of the night

but the time we didn't make it she gave us a break as we had done really well the other three times. phew! we were like $500 under. not a nice bill at the end of the night.

on the other hand, if you're only $100 under - and they'll tell you thru the night how you're doing - you can just do a big shooter round so at least people are happy and you spent the money on booze rather than just giving them the cash.

i know it's stressful, and the first time we did it we were stressed, but really if you get just over 100 people and they're drinking (among other things) you're cool.

if attendees are going to be doing other things INSTEAD of drinking, I would not choose this venue or a venue with that minimum.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
No, I was being sarcastic.
$1500 bar is nothing IMO.

$15 / person is like 2 drinks ... and I know I've spent easily $100 at a bar no problem just myself. ;)

pr0nstar
 

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
No, I was being sarcastic.
$1500 bar is nothing IMO.

$15 / person is like 2 drinks ... and I know I've spent easily $100 at a bar no problem just myself. ;)

pr0nstar
yeesh, i just went with the $150 / person that you originally posted and didn't even bother to figure out if that worked out

math

not my strong suit

holy dumbass moment batman

anyway, $1500 not a bad bar minimum imo either
 

dj_dopamine

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
1500 / 100 People = $15 / person, wow that is a lot. ;)

Oops, goofed up my post.

pr0nstar
see my problem is that alot of people say that they are gonna go and never show!
not every 1 is gonna spend the $15 at the bar (females) if they have to pay $10 cover....


thanks 4 all the help guys
 

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dj_dopamine
see my problem is that alot of people say that they are gonna go and never show!
not every 1 is gonna spend the $15 at the bar (females) if they have to pay $10 cover....


thanks 4 all the help guys
common problems
again i say good luck!
you can do eeeeeeet!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dj_dopamine
not every 1 is gonna spend the $15 at the bar (females) if they have to pay $10 cover....

Not quite sure what you're getting at here...

-females are cheap?
-females can't drink 3 drinks due to genetic reasons

:p
 

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by dj_dopamine
gave us a bar minimum of $1500


wowwww
That's not that high actually.
We could do that on a Wednesday @ NASA.

Mind you our friends are alcoholics.
:D :D :D

Ice Lounge wanted $5000 when I spoke with them last year.
:rolleyes:

Mind you they charge $6 for a domestic.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by dj_dopamine
see my problem is that alot of people say that they are gonna go and never show!
not every 1 is gonna spend the $15 at the bar (females) if they have to pay $10 cover....


thanks 4 all the help guys
$10 is high.
Depending on what you're offering.
 

dj_dopamine

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lucky1
Not quite sure what you're getting at here...

-females are cheap?
-females can't drink 3 drinks due to genetic reasons

:p
yes females are cheap--not all but most only go out with $20 in their pocket....



$10 is high.
Depending on what you're offering.

what do i have to offer to make that $10 cover worth it?
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
$5 is plenty for a small venue/lounge IMO.

Hell I paid $15 for one of the best DJ/Headliners of 2003...

pr0nstar
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top