1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

look out!...he's BACK

Discussion in 'Hip Hop Room' started by terrawrist III, Aug 27, 2003.

1. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

the master...the king...the original...KOOL KEITH!!

you know you love em even when you pretend to hate him...my girlfreind even loves the dr. dooom disc...she says it's "bumpin"!

anyways...he's got THEE UNDERTAKERZ and THE MASTERS...get em'

2. smile

smile TRIBE Member

matthew is really good

3. terrawrist III

one of his best!...alright smile,we agree

"I DON'T BELIEVE YOU...you hang with Robin Givens"

4. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

Dr Doom

5. terrawrist III

dooom...his best yet...the beats are SERIOUS!...love housing authority

6. Juan Love

Juan Love TRIBE Member

Picked up the Dr Dooom picture disc for 'Housing Authority' and 'You Live At Home With Your Mom' a few weeks ago...

Absolute classic...I still can't help laughing when I look at it.

What do you cats think of the poorman's Kool Keith, Sensational?

7. terrawrist III

I thought poor man's KK was either princess superstar or paul barman?...sensational is Ok at best, his album production is kinda weak compared to the shit keith's boys pull out every time

8. Juan Love

Juan Love TRIBE Member

Well, I call him the poor man's KK because of the exact reason you've noted...his production value is not just weak son, it's stone cold dead...the king of no-fi. This cat is so relentless that he even records his vocals through headphones!!

I think that is quite the statement when you consider the mountains of over-produced hiphop there is out there. Some of the stuff may keep to the traditional formula but then has layers and layers of crap that just shouldn't be there...unless you're paying homage to Phil Spectre that's like going ahead and painting over Renoir with a paint by numbers Rockwell.

But seriously...all hail Kutmaster Kurt!!

9. smile

smile TRIBE Member

i still own the original DR.OCTAGON on vinyl.

the one on mo'wax, not the north american release.

i'm cooler than you.

no, seriously.

:p