1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Long Weekend / Canada Day Thread

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by [- FuNKtiOn -], Jun 29, 2010.

1. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

So whats good this weekend?

Turns out I'm working on Canada Day and getting the Monday off instead so won't be hitting up Mr Scruff at Wrongbar on Wednesday night as hoped.
    Thinking about stopping into the Bounce jam with Hector Moralez on the Thursday for a bit though.

Whats everyone else saying this weekend?
    Anything worth noting?

2. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

I'm headed to Ottawa tomorrow after work. Will be skating around the market on Canada day, then headed to my cottage till sunday morning at which point I'm driving back to the tdot for some Pride festivities.
    Yays for long weekends!

3. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Helping friends move, stopping by bounce and djing some nude art event at Salvador darling later in the evening

4. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

im going to vancouver where i will drool over hottie skater/snowboarder guys!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D:D:D

5. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

Were playing some baseball down by the water (Fort york + Lakeshore) if anyone is interested in joining us they are more than welcome!

Then Hibatchi, beers and fireworks!

Friday pride, check out the strip

saturday i'm off to an amazing epic adventure north for a family fishing trip in the bush. No running water or electricity except for the outhouse and generator but you best believe we'll have the satalite dish for when the world cup games are on.

6. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

The Leomom is taking off to the Rock and leaving the brats with me. So none of the great parties this weekend will be attended by me. I'll be walking over to the CHIN picnic on Saturday or Sunday with the kids. Probably see what is happening at harbourfront.

7. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

Newfoundland!!

Whoop Whoop

I'm looking forward to sleeping in, experiencing boredom, drinking Beer, see whales, exploring the landmarks, and sleeping. in.

8. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

Heading to the cottage Thursday-Sunday.

Trying to decide whether or not to drive in to work on Friday or take the 4-day weekend. UGH... I kinda need my lieu time for vacation in July, but working Friday will SUCK.

9. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

10. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Hector Moralez Canada by the lake outdoor party

That's pretty much that is all on my mind...

11. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Yeah I'm sad I'm missing that jam. I was toying with bringing the kids by early but they won't really enjoy it so it's not worth it.

12. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

I cannot wait for this weekend!!!!

Playing with the new toy at the cottage

[​IMG]

13. nikki.classics

nikki.classics TRIBE Member

Thursday I'm going to a Toronto FC game with the girls, part of a bachelorette party...odd.

Friday I'm hoping the weather is nice so I can hit the beach. Is Hanlan's good? Someone told me you can swim there.

Saturday checkin' out Pride festivities. Haven't been to a Toronto Pride in years...pretty excited!

Sunday is rest, rest, relax and do nothing.

14. nikki.classics

nikki.classics TRIBE Member

Haha do the lovely ladies come with the boat?

15. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

My two friends are bringing their kids... mind you the kids are 3 and 4, so I don't know?

16. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

I played at the last one and cori brought the kids at the end of my set. It worked because there were two of us and my father there. With just me I would be keeping them entertained the whole time and would not be able to enjoy myself. They wouldn't have the best time either as there isn't anything for them to do.

Really wanted to see Hector though. I guess I have the Toronto Blues now:

[YOUTUBE]NxvqM9ViOJ8[/YOUTUBE]

17. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

nice, I'm off on an East coast swing tomorrow as well! Moncton Wednesday and Thursday, then Halifax on the weekend. Can't wait to devour sumptuous lobsters and taste the maritimes' many local brews

have fun Cori:)

18. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

Golfing Thursday
    Leaving for Ft. Lauderdale Friday
    Setting sail for a week on the Oasis of the Seas, the biggest dag nammit cruise ship in dah world. Can't wait!

19. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

That would be nice. I would have to change the comment to playing with the new toyS at the cottage.

First time wakeboarding here we come!!!!

20. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

isnt that what they said about the titanic?

21. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

Shut up you

22. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

love u muff :p

23. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Yeah, it may be a little tough on your own. Would be nice to see you there! :)

24. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

you had me at nude
    dubstep wed night, keating channel thursday and other shenannigans
    pride the rest of the weekend and will slide in some meat smoking madness also

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  25. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

Camping tomorrow - Sunday. Yay!