• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Long lost subway tunnel found near York University campus

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
yeah grow op makes sense. It's way too awkwardly shaped to use as a living space, bomb shelter, or austrian sex prison. Like, anyone who went to that much trouble to build the thing would've made it wider and more room shaped if that's what they wanted.

Any sort of inanimate object storage wouldn't really need a generator.

Grow ops would use long narrow lamps so the shape would be sufficient.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Im still saying prepper! The rosary was to clutch desperately in the buried schoolbus while the world went to hell in a handbasket...

tobywan

TRIBE Member
They should stop mentioning the Pam Am games. Nobody cares about the games. No terrorist is going to build a tunnel for the Pam Am games.

The only people who I hear mention the Pan Am Games are a) the media, and b) the politicians.

No one I personally know has expressed any sort of positive interest in the games, or have brought it up in conversation...other than the chaotic traffic nightmare it will cause.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
hmm yeah a grow op would be too costly to run off a generator wouldn't it?

meth labs require lots of ventilation don't they?

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Given the neighborhood, I'm inclined to think someone was building a storage space. For what? Can't say.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Well having spent years at York you know about the legitimate tunnel system. Not quite sure what all this about..

wickedken

TRIBE Member
The thing about a grow op is that you sorta want hidden-in-plain view type of thing. I think anyways. I'm saying prepper or maybe just some homeless guy or family. All that equipment was apparently stolen from the university, and its ridiculously easy to get around there if you're familiar with the place, including knowing where the maintenance people do their shit.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
The only people who I hear mention the Pan Am Games are a) the media, and b) the politicians.

No one I personally know has expressed any sort of positive interest in the games, or have brought it up in conversation...other than the chaotic traffic nightmare it will cause.

It's really odd how the typical Canadian media outlets are far more into the scare mongering than the major American ones. You've seen it moreso in the past year.

Lojack

TRIBE Member
I am thinking it's some homeless guy too.

A friend who hikes the Don Valley regularly has claimed there are some pretty developed campsites used by the homeless throughout it. Hard to find, on purpose of course, but there. She avoids them after she finds them though, had trouble in the past.

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
I want to violently stab the shit out of the term 'man cave'. I can't even believe it's being reported as such by the media.

Ohhhh a man cave. Yup totally. Every guy needs one. These guys really must have needed some down time if they needed to build an actual cave...

Phat Buddha

TRIBE Member
These guys really must have needed some down time if they needed to build an actual cave...

my question is... how bad was it at home that just going out to the bar wasn't good enough.., these guys decided to dig a hole and hang out at the bottom of it to have some 'me time' and get away from their wives :D