1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Long Labor day weekend - forcast says rain, computer says noooo.

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Thunder, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

What's everyone doing considering it's supposed to rain all weekend? :confused:

I'm at the local native bar tonight for a make shift wedding reception. :O

Supposed to go to the cottage saturday for the weekend but reconsidering since it's supposed to be poo weather all weekend. :mad:

Anything worth going to in the city this weekend? technics1200

[​IMG]

2. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Sunday doesn't say rain. And that's the only day that matters!

3. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

Vee-y?

4. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

it says so here, and up at my cottage :(

5. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

stoked for this weekend!

tonight - there's a free all breaks, all vinyl party at College Street Bar

Saturday will be general errand running as on Sunday I'll be heading the cottage in Bayfield for some beach action for a couple days, and a gig at a bar in Bayfield on Sunday night.
    Weather forecast is getting better, down to a 30% chance of rain, going to be using the power of positive thought for some warm sunny skies.

6. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

booze cruise + air show = good times
    there is also a direct relationship between the amount of sunshine and the amount of bikini tops, so come on Mr. Sun!

7. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

yup.

my house says rain all weekend
    the cottage says rain all weekend

might as well be at the cottage!

8. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

yes a large part of the crew are going there specifically to hear breaks and only breaks.

9. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Today I am going to the island. Maybe. - I didn't go yesterday because the retarded weatherman called for rain and it never rained! I could have had an excellent day on the beach. Tonight bday dinner, Tomorrow island for air show, followed by dinner and midsummer play with date, Sunday Ferrier, Monday Gibraltar point beach party.

10. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Working out here in Regina, till Sunday evening. Maybe hit up a watering hole post Riders/Bombers game to see what the locals get up to.

11. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

The air is too polluted to rain.

12. ghaleon

ghaleon TRIBE Member

CSB gonna be big!!! Hope the rain holds off for tonight tho!

13. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

Alright, tonight, after work drinks with two of the greatest chaps I know. After nice BBQ with my pretty lady baby.

Saturday, gym, then off to airshow with my brother and nephew. Might even check out Above and Beyond tonight at the Guv, not sure, its been years since we have been in that place. But we are both fans.

Sunday, airshow with the lady, then maybe, rather hope preacherman, bouncehouse, followed by BBQ.

Monday, all day chillen and hanging with my wife.

14. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I shall be packing and doing laundry. and other general vacation preparation errands.
    I do not care if it rains.
    I shall probably watch some movies on my pretty pink laptop.

15. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

jesus, totally forgot its Labour of Love, no way we are going :( oh well

16. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

tonight
    bday BBQ for the DR.
    followed by the virgo party and some business talk

Sat
    Brunch with he crew
    maybe a movie

Sunday
    Keeting Channel pub*
    Dennis Ferrer

Monday
    Joris Voorn

this is part 2 of my birthday weekend which started last weekend

17. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

Part Two? WTF? LOL Awesome!

18. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Umm Marco Carola at FW on Saturday, hellloooooooooooooooo?

19. erika

erika TRIBE Member

I was contemplating a get away to avoid the airshow (the first noise just passed by, sigh...), but the forecast deterred me.
    I've just checked the forecast, and whereas before was for sun on Sunday and Monday, albeit with cooler temperatures, it's now showing unsettled shower-y weather throughout.
    So I'm glad I didn't shell out $$ to escape.
    My week-end started last night with drinks at my wonderful local, Drift, with a fabulous gal pal followed by a nightcap at the Piston.
    Today is getting my tickets for TIFF all sorted out, girlie indulgent stuff and possibly checking out Flying Lotus at Opera House.
    Saturday might be just down time/movies unless something strikes my fancy.
    Sunday is hiding with ear plugs until an evening garden party before we all head down to Dennis Ferrer.
    And Monday Hipnosis at the beach.

Whatever day it rains the most is the day when the peach jam gets made :)

20. erika

erika TRIBE Member

That is a something that might strike my fancy ;)

21. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

aha! There is a hipnosis party this weekend, I was right in my assumptions.. hrmm to go or not to go that is the question.. stupid rain.

22. erika

erika TRIBE Member

"let the rain fall down"
    I was looking for this track on youtube when it started just now, but all I can find are variants of a blech Hillary Duff tune :(

23. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Gonna be one heluva summer end party. The only thing that sucks is that its going to super packed. I'd love to see Carola at nice outdoor venue in Toronto.

24. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

25. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

It's supposed to be nice and sunny in Montreal, and we've got 3 days straight of Piknik Electronik. For sure I'm going to see Ellen Allien and Sascha Funke on Monday, perhaps I'll hit up the Sunday show as well. Or perhaps I'll just sit in an outdoor terrasse and do nothing