• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

London's Insect Population

Originally posted by teknikal
next year i'm going to have real windows! score.

I'm currently finishing my 2nd year of ACS, you?

What kind of windows do you have now? fake ones? like ones painted on the wall like in Somerville house? Fun times!! :p

I'm finishing 3rd year (well, first year) in HBA - and thank GOD for that! C'mere summertime.....

:cool:

Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
They're fast fuckers and when you smash them with a shoe, their legs fly off in all directions and they keep jumping for a few minutes.

We spray them with raid, and they end up trying to scurry away as quickly as possible, leaving a trail of legs until it's just a stump with a few twitching legs left.

.....yeesh, that sounds pretty cruel.

AND:

... dripping sounds above my head whenever someone uses a sink/shower, loud walking above my head (creaky floor boards), feeling like i'm living in a cave, ticking sounds from the furnace, etc.

I forgot to mention: my landlady lives on the main floor, and picked up opera singing lessons this year.

:eek:

Last edited:
*shudder*

I remember stepping on one of those things when I was in highschool and I didn't want to walk on the floor the rest of the day
I tip-toed around everywhere that day looking at the ground

Originally posted by Skipper

What kind of windows do you have now? fake ones? like ones painted on the wall like in Somerville house? Fun times!! :p

not fake ones! :)

but you know, your usual dinky little basement windows. and whenever you open them, spiders or other bugs crawl in.

there are painted on windows in somerville? where?

Subscribe to Cannabis Goldsmith, wherever you get your podcasts
Originally posted by Spinsah
My house has been invaded by little fucking potato bugs.

It's not as bad as centipides but pretty annoying nevertheless.

Maybe you should actually clean the place you fuckin' slob.
Semen covered socks are prime breeding ground for potato bugs.

Originally posted by Stormshadow

Semen covered socks are prime breeding ground for potato bugs.

no, semen covered socks are prime breeding grounds for babies

No, do they really look like potato's or are they so-named because they eat potatoes? If they eat 'em I'm laughing - got no potatoes in the D household.

If they look like potatoes, I don't see any spuds around here so I mustn't have potato bugs (sigh of relief).

semen covered socks also lead to athlete's foot, or so my limited knowledge leads me to believe. also, babies are born in said socks, are they not?
then the baby popped out and it waved at me.

Originally posted by alexd
No, do they really look like potato's or are they so-named because they eat potatoes? If they eat 'em I'm laughing - got no potatoes in the D household.

If they look like potatoes, I don't see any spuds around here so I mustn't have potato bugs (sigh of relief).

The look like potatoes, and are about the same size. Scary shit!
rentboy still eats 'em though.

i've never had too many problems with critters ...i see a ton of lady bugs in london ...there everywhere !! !!

Buy bunnies ...i see bunnies all the time ...one lives in our garden ...but they brighten my day !! the more bunnies the merrier :D :D

Centipedes are icky ...i feel for you dude !

Jess

Originally posted by alexd

Also I am miles from London. Do these bugs migrate?

Originally posted by Stormshadow

The look like potatoes, and are about the same size. Scary shit!
rentboy still eats 'em though.

he could use the extra protein