• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

London, Ontario

petal

TRIBE Member
Hey...what's up with London these days (or years) ?
Anyone know of a place to go that has breaks/DnB night?
Haven't seen or heard of any breaks/DnB DJ's around here in awhile. Is there anywhere NEW to go that I don't know about?

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Xtatic
I happen to live in London and yes ..... that site is ok for finding things but your best bet is just to know someone here.

I also live in the city of trees and such.

This town doesn't have *much* going for it with the club/electronic music scene, with a few exceptions I guess.

Apparently, SelfExel lives here, which makes things that much worseR.

;)

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~

;)

haha.

i live here too...altho, not for much longer.

Saturdays at Bacchaus are usally good...not sure what happens there midweek/Friday.

Not even sure if OLD CITY HALL is still operating...i'm really behind and haven't ventured out this term.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
I believe that there's a DnB night every friday, at the bar inside Fanshawe College. Other than that, I have no idea.
I just go to "Old City Hall" to get my house fix on Saturdays. For anything else, you gotta basically leave the city. I'm sure LiquidFairy knows more about what's going on in town than I do though. She's a social butterfly. :p

Boo

TRIBE Member
I just got back from London, England today and I had Wagamama for luch...mmm good :)

Completely unrelated to London, ontario other than to make people jelous :p

ian

TRIBE Member
I just spun this past Friday for NEC productions (Release Records) who have a Friday night at ClubVIP (Richmond & York). It was fun, although it could have used a few more people. Young crowd, but nice enough.

-ian g.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
I know quite a few people that enjoy "Funk night" on wednesdays at Call The Office.

Yah, funk night and ray gun are ok for your fix of funk/80s at Call the Office. That's prob'ly the only bar I go to anymore...still a good vibe there, IMO...oh, and as rentboy mentioned, Bacchus lounge is a great place to chill.

But as far as diversity in the electronic scene, it's pretty tame. Too few promoters who are "brotherly" to others, and those that are, get frustrated and leave. :(

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ian
I just spun this past Friday for NEC productions (Release Records) who have a Friday night at ClubVIP (Richmond & York). It was fun, although it could have used a few more people. Young crowd, but nice enough.

-ian g.

I wanted to check this out! ...I'm just not down with NEC, although I would've liked to see you play Ian! ;)

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
I know quite a few people that enjoy "Funk night" on wednesdays at Call The Office.
Yeah Wednesdays can be fun there for sure. Although I haven't been since last summer. :( It's all about the patio for me.

petal

TRIBE Member
Yeah..I heard Old City Hall was doing something on Saturdays...what's the turn out like and age group? Hopefully, older. ..nothin against students. :)

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by petal
Yeah..I heard Old City Hall was doing something on Saturdays...what's the turn out like and age group? Hopefully, older. ..nothin against students. :)
Well...I'm 28, and the majority of the peeps there seem to be young professionals. I know exactly what you mean though. London's clubs are all targeted towards the students. Making the music, and atmosphere shitty almost everywhere you go.

London was really due for something like OCH. And I'm glad it's "taken off". When it first started, it was DEAD! I was unsure of the cities ability to maintain a club like this.

seeker

TRIBE Member
~atp~, it's too bad you opted out on Ian's gig last Friday, he thew down proper. Like he said, though, it needed more people. You could have fired a cannon off in there w/o hitting anybody. *sigh*

Oh well, I had a good time, it looked like Ian was having a good time, and there seemed to be a few others having a good time as well.

Hey petal, I think that DJ Cure/MC Ytee are cooking another DnB thing up (I know they're doing a side-room to the Max Graham thing), and the NEC night this Friday is all breaks.

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ian

just for the record, that was a fuckin' tight set man! but what was the name of that Timo Maas breaks track you played?!

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
and as for the reason this thread was created:

this week there is a nice selection of jungle and breaks at VIP Nightclub downtown... Thursday night (the 26th), Max Graham is headlining, with Marcus Visionary, Dirty P, and DJ Cure in the side room.

Friday night (the 27th), you can check out myself (Skank Honto) and Pete EP rockin' out the breaks, with C. Sweszcyk throwing down some house as well.

generally, Saturdays your best bet is Old City Hall (aka 276 Lounge) as they've got a nice atmosphere and some very sweet house music.

Sunday nights, 276 Lounge is again your best bet, I think they stilll are doing the jungle & garage night then. they were last month anyways.

Mondays - hip hop @ bacchus lounge.
tuesdays - meh.
wednesdays - Mo Gravey (funk night) at Call the Office is definately your best bet.

as for DJ Cure & OZ's jungle Friday nights @ the Outback shack in Fanshawe, after last weekend, Im pretty sure they wont be going back. there was... unpleasantness...

outofcontrol

TRIBE Member
Well nothing I could really mention that hasn't been mentioned already.

Bacchus friday nights also is the best. It could be packed or have hardly anyone there, but it's the best place for a friday night for those of us who have to have atmosphere and good tunes/people to enjoy ourselves.

Last friday for the Aurium record release party was the best time I've had out in a long time. Nothing like watching a huge crowd freak out for breakdowns and climaxes like that. It's been awhile since I've witnessed anything like that.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~

;)

Don't forget about those unsavoury characters, JEMZ and Spinsah.

I hear both of their moms are a good time on a Saturday night, though. Reasonable rates, too.

Note: I wouldn't be caught *dead* in London, personally.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JESuX
Don't forget about those unsavoury characters, JEMZ and Spinsah.

I hear both of their moms are a good time on a Saturday night, though. Reasonable rates, too.

I always have a tough time picking one. They aren't into threesomes. :(

:D