• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

London Calling

Boo

TRIBE Member
I'm heading off to London for a few days, and its my first visit (outside the numerous times I've gone through Heathrow/Gatwick airports)

I know a lot of you have been there, in fact I think its part of the requisite to get your TRIBE membership badge. :p

Any must see places that you could recomend, and their approximate location.

I'm going to do the touristy Big Ben, palace, tower bridge, etc. I also got a big endorsement for Camden Market.

I will be there from Saturday to Monday.

I've heard Fabric is the club to go to. Also thinking of checking out a huge jungle night that is going on tomorrow.

Any general tips would be most appreciated. Are cabs expensive? Any serious places to avoid? Stuff that they don't tell you on the tourist sites?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i got some wicked advice on this topic right here a few months ago. that thread will probably contain most of the info you're looking for.

i would strongly suggest going to Tate Modern and doing alot of walking around in other areas of the city.
the architecture is amazing.

take advantage of being able to drink on the street and the tube. its fun in a stupid way.

i don't see why you would need to take a cab. the tube goes pretty much everywhere you need to go. it will even get you from heathrow into the city. (theres also a high speed train that is a bit more expensive but really nice and speedy)

moose-meat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
i got some wicked advice on this topic right here
i don't see why you would need to take a cab. the tube goes pretty much everywhere you need to go.

Truth , tube is easy and gets you anywhere fast.
Which is a good thing , cuz there's TONS to see/do.
Have a blast.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
walk or take a night bus! talk about local flavour...
i have these very hazy memories of the "fright bus" as they call it. its a wonder we got home in one piece.

i guess it all depends on where you are staying though.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

noodle

TRIBE Member
Go to Portabello Market/Noting Hill!

Amazing archetechture and GREAT shopping (I found clothing to be so much cheaper there than anywhere else).

The market is good anyday, but is really happening on the weekend.

Dirt Dawg

TRIBE Member
Take the tube.. super simple

The End on Sat night is rammed.

Fabric will give you jungle steez that will make you melt
a time out will get you sorted

take the train from the airport to Paddington Stn... so much easier

I wish I knew of the good shit happening while you are there, but I haven't talked with the boys in a few.

Peace,

Nick

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirt Dawg
Take the tube.. super simple

The End on Sat night is rammed.

Fabric will give you jungle steez that will make you melt
a time out will get you sorted

take the train from the airport to Paddington Stn... so much easier

I wish I knew of the good shit happening while you are there, but I haven't talked with the boys in a few.

Peace,

Nick

I was thinking of taking the train. I am flying into heathrow, and our hotel is 10 min walk from paddington. Colonnade house in little venice.

yes everything is insanely expensive. The hotel is costing us $330 a night! Its not exactly the 4 seasons either.

Its right by Cmaden so I will be checking that out. Thanks for all the advice.