• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Locksmith

Snapple

TRIBE Member
so i've gone and lost my keys and i need to replace the locks on my damn doors. seeing how i've never had to do this before, anybody out there:

a) ever have this happen to them and therefore can recommend a good locksmith;

b) know what an appropriate price range would be for replacing the locks on two doors?

thx so much.

ddiplomat

TRIBE Member
Snapple said:
so i've gone and lost my keys and i need to replace the locks on my damn doors. seeing how i've never had to do this before, anybody out there:

b) know what an appropriate price range would be for replacing the locks on two doors?

thx so much.
Do it yourself, go to home depot an the guy should be able to tell you all you need to know.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Unless you're locked out or something and need a locksmith to drill the lock you can easily change the locks on your own. It's pretty easy to do, just hit up Home Depot or Canadian Tire.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
i recommend Ging Pau locksmiths, their work on locks is excellent. However your door may or may not end up smashed to hell. i've got their number around here somewhere....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Vincent Vega

TRIBE Member
Snapple said:

thx so much.
Trav.....JD had to replace the lock on his door on an emergency basis a couple of years ago (and I had to wait with him making us both late for something!) so give him a call and ask who he used. The guy came over pretty quickly but it took him a while to fix.

Oh and.....good job on losing the keys:)

Caz

TRIBE Member
I did this and instead of replacing the locks, the dude used some crazy little key type thingie that marks where the teeth would be on the old key (by sticking it into the lock) and then it makes a new key for the existing lock.