• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

G

Considering an apartment on Eglinton at Bayview.

Anyone know if this is a good area?

It's a sweet pad, but pretty damn expensive, so I'm curious if the area is worth it.

- Signed: sheltered boy in Hamilton

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
josh,

it's a nice area for sure-- i had a few friends who lived there and loved it, BUT they had cars-- it's not right by a subway stop so you'll have to take a bus too (not like this is hard but i personally loathe the bus)

on top of that, you're looking at a 12-15 dollar cab ride home every time you go out late. but then, i'm spoiled where i live so maybe i'm completely biased-- lots of people live way further and manage fine. it's still 'downtown' compared to where, say, livingroomDanstar lives.

Jazz

TRIBE Member
It's a good area, but pricey as you already know.... pretty close to Yonge & Eglinton which has everything you'll need... and about a 10 minute drive to dowtown...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
yeah - its more of an old folks region of the city, but definitely a good part of the city....a bit out of the way transit wise, but its a 5 minute bus ride from eglinton station, so not too bad.

G

Re: Re: Location

Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate

Like 2K/mo expensive, or ongoing sexual favours to your landlord expensive?
$1100 including parking, but nothing else. I dunno....coming from Hamilton, that's almost twice as much as I'm paying now.

Thanks for the advice so far....and Sarah, I have a car, thankfully. :) Mind you, its in the shop right now...

Do any of you live around there?

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
ooh ooh-- me and matt do!

(well, yonge and st. clair; two subway stops)

you are always welcome in the chan den of slack.

trinitydub

TRIBE Member
There's a 24HR Dominion and a big Loblaws right there, some nice restaurants if you go south towards Davisville (Duff's - best wings in the city HANDS DOWN). And the 34 Eglinton East buses run all night, so....

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Josh

My best friend lives around there. It's definitely a great choice. If I didn't live in Newmarket with my Mommy, that's probably where I would live. The area is a little pricy, but with good reason.

~Maxine~

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

poker face

TRIBE Member
Josh I have a friend looking for a roomate in a downtown location. It is a big pad and you can throw 300 ppl + parties everycouple of months to cut the cost. It is not cheap though I have to warn you!

PM if you are interested!

Jazz

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Location

Originally posted by Tearer

$1100 including parking, but nothing else. I dunno....coming from Hamilton, that's almost twice as much as I'm paying now.
Is that for a bachelor or 1BR? .... if it's a 1br, then I can tell you right now you won't find anything much cheaper than that... unless you want to live in crackton...

-Rudebwoy_Chin-

TRIBE Member
Bookah!

Originally posted by tommysmalls
yeah - its more of an old folks region of the city, but definitely a good part of the city....a bit out of the way transit wise, but its a 5 minute bus ride from eglinton station, so not too bad.
Old folks region? I dont know what Bayview and Eglinton you're thinking about, but coming form personal experience (I live at Bayview and Eg when im not at school) it tends to consist of many young families with young children, and "wish i was tough" teenagers. Transpo wise, its not that bad, and blue nights run all night across eglinton. The bus to the station during peak times is kind of a bitch tho for sure. There's also a beer store at Bayview and Eg, a liquor store just east on Eglinton, the 24 hour dominion, and the Rogers across the street. It's defnitely a safe area, and let's not forget the Mcdonalds on the opposite corner as well. It's also close to the best Fish and Chips place in town, Penroes.
Welcome to tha area neighbour, throw up your "L's" for the Leaside crew.
peace.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Location

Originally posted by Jazz

Is that for a bachelor or 1BR? .... if it's a 1br, then I can tell you right now you won't find anything much cheaper than that... unless you want to live in crackton...
I don't know about that....

I have a really nice 1 bedroom apartment in the St. Clair and Bathurst area....close to all amenities (including subway) and I only pay $870.00 a month inclusive! It doesn't include parking but I don't have a car so that's not really an issue for me. I know there is parking on the streets in my area tho....I am not sure how much a month...but it can't be that much.

;)echo

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories