• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

local breweries with a restaurant/bar

octo

TRIBE Member
my buddy's having a kid so i'm throwing him a baby shower. aka debaucherous boys night

usually baby showers have started at the keg on york or mansion and then we go from there.

this time i was thinking, the dad to be might like going to a brewery for dinner.

my first thought was mill st brew pub, but that area doesn't lend itself to bar hoping afterwards.

do you guys have any ideas?

wvrst has been tossed out there but sausage on a bun isn't my idea of a celebratory dinner.

it doesn't have to be a brewery. as long as they have a good beer selection or prefereably a beer tasting of some sorts, plus decent food.

there's no way in hell that i'm going to the bier market on esplanade and the one on king has already been brought up as post dinner destination.

any ideas/recommendations?

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Bellwoods Brewery on Ossington
Indie Ale House in the Junction

Both of those fit your criteria.

octo

TRIBE Member
i thought of the junction brewery. i've been there and the pizza is good and the rest of the menu looked good. i tried all their beers. most of them require a serious appreciation of craft beer. we could go to 3030 afterwards (which has good local beer selection). hmmm

Bellwoods Brewery is a great suggestion! the best part is that it wont be too much of a mission to get to the ballet later.

octo

TRIBE Member
ya both those places have a limitted food menu. sausage on a bun at wvrst is probably more filling. shit

derek

TRIBE Member
beer bistro gets my vote. consider allen's on the danforth as well, they always have a excellent beer selection as well.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
If you want to go to Yonge and Eglinton the Granite Brewery food is good (so is the beer) we had our wedding there in the big back room. The decor is kind of ugly 80's hotel looking, but the fron "library" and bar area is cool. My guests are still talking about the food/ beer how good it was so I guess it made up for the decor ;)

octo

TRIBE Member
i did consider the granite brewery. the only issue is that most of us either live in the west end (junction or more west) or downtown. so it would be out of the way for everybody. if it were up to me, i wouldn't have a problem but most people bitch and complain if they have to stray more than 5 blocks from where they live.

i think i'm going to make an executive decision and say it's going to be at the beer bistro. anyone that's too hard up for cash for a proper dinner can meet up with us later.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
apparently amsterdam is in the process of opening a brew pub in queens quay... slated to open in next month or two.

octo

TRIBE Member
we didn't end up going. my buddy had to leave town for a week for work and then it was too close to the due date and now he has baby.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
apparently amsterdam is in the process of opening a brew pub in queens quay... slated to open in next month or two.
Bout time, only way I would drink their beer is on tap. Something about their bottling process causes serious spoilation of their product.

The Tempest Stout was the first bottled beer from them that I liked, every other bottle I had tasted like baby puke, or in the case of the Oranje Weiss, boiled hot dog water.