• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

~*...living out of a bag...*~

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
what's the longest you've gone living out of a bag/suitcase?
when was that?
where were you?

i've been living out of a suitcase since i landed in vancouver on christmas day. i'm on my way to a more permanent residence right meow. yay for closets, and my own pc!

~*...chooseyournormadventure...*~

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
17-18 months, from may 2004 to sept. 2005, although I emptied the bag out & filled it again quite a few times. My travels took me to a great number of places.... maybe 21 countries or so?

Ain't no livin' like bag-livin'!

Katman

TRIBE Member
that 420 guy said:
when was that?
where were you?

i've been living out of a suitcase since i landed in vancouver on christmas day. i'm on my way to a more permanent residence right meow. yay for closets, and my own pc!

I lived Monday to Friday in the Queen Elizabeth in Montreal for 5 1/2 months. Longest hotel stint for sure. Congrats on the move!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I urban camped when i moved into my loft at Carlaw for almost 2 months while we were building it. Technically I'm living out of a bag right now with all of my 'things' in storage in another country.

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
8 months in 2000-something moving between Downtown, Richmond Hill, Guelph, Richmond Hill and Etobicoke...big up hating people and being indecisive

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
6 months in Europe.
2 months in Africa.
5 months in SE Asia
3 months in central/south america
2 months in jasper
3 months in Italy
2 months in Paris

i'm looking forward to living out of my suitcase again this summer for 4 months :)

undercover_girl

TRIBE Member
10 months living out of backpack travelling 'round the world (Europe, Africa, SEA, Australia, NZ).

The travelling was amazing but at the same time it was torture for a gal who loves her shoes and clothes!!

Snuffalupagus

TRIBE Member
Left for BC in 96' with a backpack and ski's. Returned in 98' same backpack n' ski's. Bag living and couch surfing for 2 years was fun :D

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
Did it for Nov 04 - Feb 05 when I moved to Toronto. Bag living is overrated. Especially when work attire was damn conservative (don't worry.. no armani or canali).

jus me

TRIBE Member
3 months in se asia.

living outta a bag this week since i'm in the UK. freakin chilly here! i should've brought more clothes. i hope i dont get a cold. travelling sick is the worst.

vinder

TRIBE Member
Temper Tantrum said:
6 months in Europe.
2 months in Africa.
5 months in SE Asia
3 months in central/south america
2 months in jasper
3 months in Italy
2 months in Paris

i'm looking forward to living out of my suitcase again this summer for 4 months :)
man i wish i had the same bankroll

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
april to sept 2005. moved to toronto, got fucked over in apartments and work... hobo-styled it up fierce.

Adam

TRIBE Member
6 months in Europe.

I think I missed not having a fridge more than a closet. You forget how nice it is to be able to just grab a snack without having to go to a store.

peko

TRIBE Member
that 420 guy said:
when was that?
where were you?
4 months, a long time ago, in B.C. and Calgary.

BUT: I had my own ground zero with family in the Okanagan Valley, and my backpacks were too heavy to carry (should of had hat boxes and an entourage for my stuff).

Tip: If you're staying in one place for awhile, try not to collect books and stuff. Less is more, for sure.

I gave it a go, but I'm not a girl scout traveller.

djfear

TRIBE Member
How did you guys afford such long stints away from home without jobs? How much did it cost per week / month?