• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Littering

Zorro

TRIBE Member
When outside in public eating something or drinking something do you tend to just throw your garbage on the ground or do you wait to place it in one of the many garbage cans placed through out our city.?

I ask this question as a non smoker because while leaving the Tim Hortons on Front St. Today I noticed a fair amount of people having come down from there offices to catch a quick butt. however when they are done with there smoke people just flick it away, and now there is this hugh disgusting area that just looks filthy do to all the smoke butts laying around.

So do you consider throwing your smoke butts on the ground to be a form of litter?.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

kuba

TRIBE Member
I consider *anything* that should be in the trash, and that isn't, a form of litter.

I had this girl once I dated for a veryvery short time, and she non stop littered. Thank god I threw her out like the trash within 2 or 3 dates (something she didn't understand).

This is a touchy subject with me cuz I hate when people throw shit left right, and centre, thinking the city belongs to them. Usually its the same people whose houses are cleaner than a baby's bottom.

Fucking ignorant litterers.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
People who litter are ignorant fucks. And that includes asshole smokers who decide that they can leave their butts anywhere.

How hard is it to hold on to something until you find a garbage can? Fucking lazy bastards.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
If I have garbage like an empty pop or a wrapper from something I've eaten I will put it in my bag until I find a garbage. However I am a smoker and if there is an ashtray nearby I will make the effort and walk over to put it out but if there is none near by I will chuck it on the ground.

But I don't consider it littering.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
There are two things that are socially acceptable (generally) litters [or littering things, or whatever fucking noun it's supposed to be]:

1) Cigarette butts

2) Gum (look at the sidewalks, and all those spots...)

Resolver

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd

1) Cigarette butts

I hate it when you're driving and the driver in front of you tosses thier butt out and it lands on your windshield. I really hate it when the butt bounces of the windshield and then it lands in your eye. Like WTF man????

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd

1) Cigarette butts

2) Gum (look at the sidewalks, and all those spots...)

Even with these I tend to try and use a sewer grate. However there does seem to be a strange allowance for this.

Funny I had a friend who had a rule about this when camping. He always requested that smokers bring rolling papper and tobacco. (a rolled roach disappears fairly quickly)

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Resolver
I hate it when you're driving and the driver in front of you tosses thier butt out and it lands on your windshield. I really hate it when the butt bounces of the windshield and then it lands in your eye. Like WTF man????
what the hell kind of car are you driving?

do you drive like jim carrey in dumb and dumber?

OTIS

TRIBE Member
I used to not give a shit.. now I'm so anal I carry around things I've use that can be recycled.

The other day, I stared down this fat pig in a minivan who opened his car door to place fast food garbage on the sidewalk. He noticed me staring, then obviously feeling like an embarassed fat pig, he picked it up.

kuba

TRIBE Member
the point is, with a million morons in toronto smoking, cigarette butts arent a "small" problem, but rather, a BIG one.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
I used to not give a shit.. now I'm so anal I carry around things I've use that can be recycled.

The other day, I stared down this fat pig in a minivan who opened his car door to place fast food garbage on the sidewalk. He noticed me staring, then obviously feeling like an embarassed fat pig, he picked it up.
yeah thats what that said girl I mentioned above did, in Bancroft. Now, usually, being in a place like Bancroft, I would encourage the utter destruction of such a mindless town, but I didnt. Rather, we didnt have sex all weekend while camping (and a good thing at that, cuz when we did, she sucked, but thats not the point).

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
Listen to you fagbaits talking all tough about littering! how many of you do you actally tell people not to do it?

*warning* this is in no way meant to offend any of the fagbaits out there *warning*