• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Links to any Kenny Glasgow sets online?

anx

TRIBE Member
or maybe someone can send me one? friends of mine have him out here in april and we wanna get people pumped for him...

thanks

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
good luck.
i ask about every 3 months or so if anyone has any idea where to get some recent Kenny Glasgow mixes....and i never get anywhere.

rimours abounded that he had another cd coming out...but that seems to have been a lie.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by derek
kenny's not an online type of guy. i don't even think he has email.

he doesnt... i bugged him for about 5 years and finally gave up...

but....

doug_kenny_Glasgow.jpg

- stewart and kenny '99 or 2000

Kenny is one fucking amazing dj and person , and he plays me the pace

:D

ez,

stewart douglas

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

seeker

TRIBE Member
I grabbed one of his old tapes (kuleurs series) from slsk about a year ago. P2P is probably your best bet.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
yes i have a slew of his tapes but ripping them im not into...

Green (such an amazing piece of art/work/style programmed techno-no doubt)

Kul-luers
Blue
techhouse vol.4 w/ peter and tyrone
industrial strength (old)

seeker

TRIBE Member
I'm not even sure which one it is, SD. It was just labelled as "Kenny Glasgow Side A" and "Kenny Glasgow Side B". Pretty sure it's one of those three (Red, Green, Blue <- most likely, IMO). Aside from a brutal job at ripping/encoding (clicks, pops, whirrs, screeches, other assorted torture sounds), the set is a corker.

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
think I've got the whole KG collection including some stuff I recorded off the radio. You know, when "rave" was big and all that.

Plus, I have my own pic with him too, Stew! :D

jaknightmare.jpg

Techno_Lord

TRIBE Member
Kenny knows how to get jiggy with it that's for sure. I can't agree more. he always has the most dope tracks. I never seen him play a bad set. :)

Straight Up D Shit

TRIBE Member
I have

When he used to spin at Red Square and hang out with Ronnie Firzt. But it's very rare and he can beat match in about a nanosecond or less and hey, if I were playing for that crowd, I would suck on purpose too, so may be that was his intention all along, Kenny is one cool cat:)

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
yeah.
Kenny is my fave toronto dj.
for talent, style and the amount of times i've seen him and never been disapointed.
I love that he isn't stuck in a genre either...the guy will do almost anything with a set....but not everything in one night. STYLE. sometimes it's straight techno...other times with some elctro..sometimes some slick house slips in...some beautifully dreamy stuff comes up once and a while.

first time i saw him was at his birthday party a few years back at LIFE.
he spun a great set opening for Green Velvet at Revival.
he was off the hook when he back2 backed Dave Clarke @ Turbo.
and when he spun before Dave @ summers end one year.

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
I find it so weird that recent tapes/cds of him mixing in and around toronto don't circulate more.

Kuleurs were great...but i would love something a little more recent....hell, i'd pay for it.

Toronto Mix sessions was FANTASTIC> xexactly how i like my techno.

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
sorry....1 more thing.

do you know where i bought Toronto Mix Sessions?

at a cd store in Disney World Florida!...saw it...thnaked my lucky stars (cause i was craving some Kenny Mixes on cd at the time....and BANG!)

(thought that was kinda cool)

derek

TRIBE Member
Re: I have

Originally posted by Straight Up D Shit
When he used to spin at Red Square and hang out with Ronnie Firzt. But it's very rare and he can beat match in about a nanosecond or less and hey, if I were playing for that crowd, I would suck on purpose too, so may be that was his intention all along, Kenny is one cool cat:)

for the 15 years i've known kenny; i think i've only heard one bad set too. and that was a long time ago in the jmk days. i'm good a beat mixing, but not his at his level. he's one of the few djs from that era whom i probably envied the most for skill.

peace,

derek

wickedken

TRIBE Member
i've seen him for quite a few years now too, and i have witnessed a number of off sets. my theory is that he just isn't feeling well (he looked sickly) and/or he doesn't like the venue (namely System Soundbar) as it has only been in a few places where I've seen that.

I've lucked out in seeing him at the Comfort Zone (what a nice nice surprise at 7AM) more times than i care to admit, and it's always good.

second on the nice guy part, he's a totally down to earth type who you just can't help but wish the best luck for. my fingers are crossed that he makes it, whatever that means.

slingshot

TRIBE Member
www.inner-loop.net

Try posting here - I know Kenny Glasgow played at set at Tonic-Rochester, which was aired on Proton radio.

ss

p.s. it's out there.

Time

TRIBE Promoter
Damn!

we were suppose to record Kenny's set from Element last month. However, i didn't find out Kenny wanted to record it till i was already at the club setting up... and i was unable to locate something to record with in time for his set! :(

Oh well... next time.