1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Lindsay Lohan gets 90 days in jail

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Jul 6, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

from the star

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIF.— A judge sentenced Lindsay Lohan to 90 days in jail Tuesday after ruling she violated probation in a 2007 drug case by failing to attend court-ordered alcohol education classes.

Lohan burst into tears after the sentencing by Superior Court Judge Marsha Revel.

Lohan was not required to immediately surrender but will have to turn herself in on July 20. She will also be required to enter an inpatient rehab program after her release from jail.

The ruling came during a hearing set for the Mean Girls star after she missed a court date in May. She has been required to wear an ankle alcohol monitor since then.

The monitor issued an alert after Lohan attended the MTV Movie Awards and after-parties.

Prosecutors had hoped to introduce reports from the monitor to show the actress also had violated a court order against drinking imposed as part of her probation.

Revel said during the ongoing hearing the device showed Lohan’s blood-alcohol content was 0.03.

However, Revel said she would not consider whether the actress actually consumed alcohol last month after attending the MTV Movie Awards. Lohan has denied drinking that night.

The judge said she would honour what she told lawyers for both sides in a closed meeting last month and not allow the negative report to be used at the hearing.

Revel said she would only consider whether the actress failed to complete the required number of alcohol education courses on time.

Cheryl Marshall, a co-founder of the education program, testified she did not report Lohan to be in violation of the judge’s order when the actress missed nine meetings then made up an undisclosed number.

Marshall said she was aware the program received a phone call from the judge in December saying she wanted Lohan to attend classes each week. But Marshall added she never got a paper copy of the order and did not consider it active.

Marshall’s program fought against providing records and testimony at the hearing, but Revel ruled the information was necessary.

Lohan’s attorney Shawn Chapman Holley said she hadn’t prepared to defend against the alcohol monitor report because the judge had said it would only affect bail for the actress. Revel doubled Lohan’s bail to $200,000 (U.S.) after learning of the alert last month.

Lohan arrived about 10 minutes early for the hearing at the Beverly Hills courthouse. Lohan’s father Michael and younger sister also attended.

The hearing immediately hit a snag as Chapman Holley and prosecutor Danette Meyers sparred on what evidence could be introduced.

Lohan spent 84 minutes in jail in 2007 after she pleaded guilty to two misdemeanour counts of being under the influence of cocaine and no contest to two counts of driving with a blood-alcohol level above 0.08 per cent and one count of reckless driving.

The plea came after a pair of high-profile arrests earlier that year. Lohan was sentenced to three years of probation but had to ask for a yearlong extension in October after she failed to complete her alcohol-education courses on time.

2. Maui

Maui TRIBE Member

She could make a mean girls part 2 in there.

God I miss great movies like Caged Heat!

3. alexd

[YOUTUBE]P4Ah-KRN5hM[/YOUTUBE]

4. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

christ, with her behavior she should be rejoicing 90 days. I only say that because she's under the watch.

"no one is bigger than the law"

when you have a god damn future city alcohol monitoring bracelet. You should take it a bit more seriously.

wait it out, then go back to partying.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  5. alexd

I wonder if she will get a jailhouse tattoo

6. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

she'll probably have more fun in there then the outside world. Like Lady Gaga did in that new video.

I edited because i spelled lady wrong. boo.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  7. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I feel kinda bad for her, shes not doing anything 99% of the people on this board have done. only difference is she has more money to do it in, can afford to drive a nice car around and get caught in, and shes is in the public eye so its easier for her to get caught and ratted out by people.
    shes gonna be batshit insane by the time she gets out of jail, they will have to keep her seperate, shes gonna lose her mind, then she will be worse off than when she went in. not to mention sam ronson will be out cheating on her.

8. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

What am I missing here? Is drinking illegal now? If it's due to impaired driving would the ban not be on driving instead of drinking?

9. DJ Vuvu Zela

DJ Vuvu Zela TRIBE Member

i have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand she's being made an example of, and probably getting a harsher term than most.

On the other hand she had her chance to get off the hook, but she couldn't quit being a party girl for a few months.

Also, i hate her because she's a stupid shallow cunt, yet i want to bang her cuz she's hot.

so confused...

10. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I think this is what you missed I-Brad ;)

shes been busted with coke and shit in her car, driving drunk, blah blah blah .... I dont think the sentence is too hard, I think shes gotten off with way more than the rest of us would have. I'd still totally rock the crack pipe with her tho, i think she's dope.

11. dstarr

dstarr TRIBE Member

I bet she isn't going to serve very much of that sentence.... aren't the jails crowded down in Cali?

I also feel a bit divided on this. On one hand, I think there was a spotlight on her because she made good press, which is something I will NEVER understand because, in my opinion, she is not worth of any press at all. And I read the gossip blogs like crazy.... Doing Parent Trap and Mean Girls doesn't mean you're a movie star anymore....

And of course, it's hard to determine if what you read is true or not but even if 50% of it is, she's a self-absorbed crazy b*tch who is completely out to lunch. Both of her parents are out to lunch and so is her sister so she's simply a product of her environment.

But I also feel confident in saying what appeared to be a blatant disregard for the law was quite sickening and while I think the system down there is a joke, she's clearly an addict that needs some help.

when I saw Kelly Cutrone simply say on the aftershow that she "needed to go away for a while"... and taking "away" to mean either in rehab, jail or seclusion, I felt that was somebody with an informed position making a very true statement.

I just hope we never have to hear about her again. Until of course, she claims to have abducted and forced to do drugs again.

12. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

Somehow I doubt that she'll serve the full 90 days of that jail sentence. It's probably going to be just like Paris where she only served a tiny portion of it.

Lobo

13. dstarr

dstarr TRIBE Member

14. Spoiled girl goes to jail. Where have we heard that before?

15. kirstenmeows

kirstenmeows TRIBE Member

This girl is a trainwreck. Maybe jail, and more importantly the following rehab, will finally teach her that she's not alright. Sadly, between her mother who sees her as perfect, and the court system in California which tends to release these twits far too soon, I doubt if this will make any difference.
    *Yup, I'm a total D-Listed addict

16. alexd

Maybe she'll use the opportunity to sober up

17. xsre

xsre TRIBE Member

It's jail, not prison. If she has an ounce of brain, she'll use the time to smarten up, and then bounce back with great PR people.

18. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    how can they do this to her???

braf

i would rolleyes but this was just a quick reply

19. More like plan a press event for her release.

20. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

Remember when Lohan was held up as the goody-goody and young star who was the polar opposite of Paris and Brittany?

She sure showed them!

21. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

From what I have read about her and seen in interviews, she has very little left upstairs. I'm going to take a wild guess and say she is rocked on perscription drugs 24/7 judging by her attitude and how she presents herself. As most said she will hopefully clean up her act in prison and in rehab. Maybe she'll turn it around or maybe she'll be the next Anna Nicole Smith.

Anyone ever check out her documentary? Who put money into this? Yikes.

Lindsay Lohan's Indian Journey (2010) (TV)

22. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

I'm glad you corrected yourself, because I was about to ask if you had followed her 'case' at all over the last few years. She's a trainwreck who has had repeated legal runins and gotten the celebrity kid gloves LA treatment. But she's repeatedly violated her probation, ignored court orders and made up stories and not shown up for court dates. Judge finally said enough is enough.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  23. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

Being a celebrity is a trade-off, however. Being part of showbiz (or politics, etc) means one loses most of their private life.

24. miller

miller TRIBE Member

I still can't believe that it's illegal to be high in California. I also can't believe drinking is sometimes criminalised for adults. What ever happened to life and liberty?

....Only in America....

25. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

She's not going to jail because she's a celebrity or because it's illegal to get high. She's going to jail because she repeatedly violated the terms of her probation; probation she agreed to as a result of pleading out a 2007 DUI conviction.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010