1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Like Rock music? Here's my latest project ...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by dj SPINZ, Oct 9, 2005.

1. dj SPINZ

dj SPINZ TRIBE Promoter

I've recently started managing a rock band called King Nancy. So if you haven't seen me around in a little while that's the reason! As I get them back on track towards ruling the known rock universe I'll get back to concentrating on the dnb. ;)

Anyways, these dudes kick serious ass and we're having a showcase at the Rivoli this coming Thursday. They always get out a great crowd and smash the place not only with their music but with bar sales if that's any indication for you.

i know there are loads of "closet rockers" in here and just thought I'd try and pull some of you out to the show.

here's the website:
    http://www.kingnancy.com

like what you hear and wanna download some music?
    http://musicfreedom.com/kingnancy

[​IMG]

2. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

i noticed your band has a bunch of sparse toronto dates

you should consider adding hamilton as a tour date, we have a fairly healthy indie scene and people come out to support pretty much every night of the week, see if you can get in contact with brodie (he basically books all the acts at all the major indie venues here)

brodiebooksrock@yahoo.ca

weekend shows obviously do better than weekday shows, and if you can get this band booked as an opening act for a more established band like white cowbell, marble index, illuminati, it couldn't hurt for the chances of a weekend gig

anyway :p

Last edited: Oct 9, 2005
  3. dj SPINZ

dj SPINZ TRIBE Promoter

Awesome Zoo ...

We are actually currently looking towards setting up a bunch of out of town stuff. Hamilton is high on the list as is London, Guelph and anywhere that people enjoy drinking ;)

Thank you very much for that hook up. We'll be contacting Brodie right away.

Also for you and anyone else, sign up to our mailinglist on the site to receive info about the band. Being on the list gets you automatically entered in monthly contests to win CDs, clothing, guestlist to shows etc.

4. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

songs from dead german composers is yummmmmmmmmmmm.

5. dj SPINZ

dj SPINZ TRIBE Promoter

That song is awesome live ... chicks go mad for it!!

6. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

hope it goes well tonight! wish i wasn't so horribly disgustingly broke.

7. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

man, what a drag, I just saw this now and already committed to doing some rinse shit tonight...

I'm pretty interested in seeing the rock band you're working with....I mean, I'm all about basically any type of music, but I imagine you and I have similar taste, so I'm sure I'd like it.

next time if I can.

d

8. JOSHB

JOSHB TRIBE Member

You should also consider coming to Williamsburg, Brooklyn. They love that hipster indie crap here.

9. thom100

thom100 TRIBE Member

I am actually having my first out of counrty photo exhibit in a bar there - do you know Laila Lounge ? I hope them hipsters have dinero.

10. newstyle666

newstyle666 TRIBE Member

meh. Sounds exactly.. exactly like every other rock band. I listen to rock quite a lot, but I find this sooo bland - although I will say the production is nice and the band sounds tight.

11. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

hey pablo - good luck tonight. gimme a heads up for the next show and i'll meet you for a few drinks. :)

12. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

and meee tooooo!!!!

13. JOSHB

JOSHB TRIBE Member

Yea I know the place. It's about a mile from my apartment. Dont worry, hipsters have plenty of denero...