• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Lightscribe DVD Drives

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Does anyone have one? Or know of any good websites to get graphics to burn onto the labels?

I've checked out their website and all of the graphics there have a serious case of teh gh3y.

I'm using Surething 4SE to burn the labels to my disc, is there another software package I should look at?

Thanks in advance,

K.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Anakin

TRIBE Member
Nero will burn the labels too. But you can use any graphics you want. I did some wedding DVDs for my brother, and put a picture of them on the disc with the title and such. I believe that I used Nero's cover program, don't recall what it's called but it's included in their Ulitimate pack.

I also found that the disc looked much better if you burn it once on high quality and once on medium quality. You can reprint the same image on the disc and it will align perfectly.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
I'm gonna have to mess some up (like I did on saturday) before I get the hang of it. The only saving grace is that if you screw up burning the label, you can still use the cd.

I got a communication error halfway through the burn. I think there is a software upgrade that I need to install, judging from looking on their website this morning.

Anakin

TRIBE Member
If you want to see what it will look like, just flip on a sepia effect. It's pretty much the same thing as what will be on the disk. Maybe save using actual discs.