• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Liam Howlett's take on an Underworld live show

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
taken from a BBC interview...
Q: Do you change your songs?

L: "We're not one of these bands, and no disrespect to Underworld, but if I go and see a band I want to hear their song, not a 10 minute dub version of it. That's why when we play Firestarter, we always play the original version - the best version.

riiiiight...
this guys so full of himself. and, when Prodigy plays Firestarter...they dont mess with it at all...may as well save your $40 and stay at home and listen to the cd.

at least Underworld takes every live show, as if its their first, and will not be duplicated, but only bettered.
just my opinion, but i think Liam should take his head out of his ass, stop using laptops for his live shows ( try live drums and synths instead of playing DAT tapes without even fucking with em ).
oh...he should STFU TOO.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
at least underworld tweaks their tunes.
every live video ive seen of Prodigy seems to contain the very exact same song you'd hear on their albums...yeah, thats fun !:rolleyes:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
what I would give to see underworld again.

still at the top for best concert I have ever been to... well it's a tie between that and the beasties.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
im just ticked about what ' sir ' Liam said...the very fact he brought up Underworlds live performance.
he could learn something very important from Underworld...
but rick/karl/darren are much too busy putting their final touches on their new album, which will blow Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned OUT OF THE SKY !
And dont even try comparing an Underworld performance with Prodigy.
well, you could...
:rolleyes:
FUCK YOU LIAM.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ndrwrld
im just ticked about what ' sir ' Liam said...the very fact he brought up Underworlds live performance.
he could learn something very important from Underworld...
but rick/karl/darren are much too busy putting their final touches on their new album, which will blow Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned OUT OF THE SKY !
And dont even try comparing an Underworld performance with Prodigy.
well, you could...
:rolleyes:
FUCK YOU LIAM.
darren isnt in undrworld anymore

refer to my previous post:p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

deep

TRIBE Member

There are a couple lossless flac sets of Underworld's up on the mixing bowl at the moment. Alexandra Palace 1999, Roskilde Festival 1996, Quartfestivalen 1996. Apparently ripped by some guy who worked at the relevant radio stations from a DAT source. So you won't find better sound quality.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
it seems the only person who has the soundboard copy of the Toronto OCT 2002 gig, is Yannick, da man who runs dirty.org .
with any luck it will be released some time this year.
by the way...if i remember correctly, the Kool Haus door staff werent letting ANYONE keep their ticket stubs for the show.