• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

LG Nexus 5 or Samsung Galaxy S4

Vise

TRIBE Member
Noooo... not HTC One X. The HTC One.

In terms of info, do some research on the best Android phone currently available... plenty of comparisons out there. At the moment seems like it is a toss up between the HTC One and Nexus 5... I'd say from build quality perspective the HTC One still takes the cake. I don't like the GS4 since it feels plastic-y and cheap. The Nexus 5 has the advantage of being vanilla Android right from Google (faster updates) plus it is generally cheaper direct from Google Play.

I have the HTC One now, very happy with it but thinking about grabbing a Nexus 5 as well to go back and forth between the two. :D

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Okay, cool. I'm going to check those now. I actually meant the HTC One. They do have that available. I was thinking the Nexus, but my better half liked the Samsung. Good to know about the cheap feeling... because I hate that. Thanks for the tips. :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Vise

TRIBE Member
No probs. My complaint about Android phones in the past is that they felt cheap vs iPhone... that has been more than fixed with the HTC One. I also have a Nexus 7 tablet and since the design is very similar on the Nexus 5 I could live with that as well.

The only real advantage with the Samsung is the expandable memory/replaceable battery but IMO its not worth the trade off for the plastic back. Why don't you get one of each (HTC One + Nexus 5) and figure it out from there? :)

MartyMcFly

TRIBE Promoter
I've got the Nexus5. I choose it because of price and for the instant google updates :) Bought it from the google play store.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
I will pretty much only go with Nexus devices and googles instant update to most current build, especially since they are half the price and only marginally less in hardware specs.

lobo

TRIBE Member
My vote is for the Nexus 5 as well. Just so long as you don't mind the picture quality being a little low compared to the HTC.

Lobo

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Well it looks like it's the HTC, then Nexus then Samsung in order of first to worst

... and it looks like we got the #1 and #3 choice. Too bad my better half picked #3

:(

praktik

TRIBE Member
Noooo... not HTC One X. The HTC One.

In terms of info, do some research on the best Android phone currently available... plenty of comparisons out there. At the moment seems like it is a toss up between the HTC One and Nexus 5... I'd say from build quality perspective the HTC One still takes the cake. I don't like the GS4 since it feels plastic-y and cheap. The Nexus 5 has the advantage of being vanilla Android right from Google (faster updates) plus it is generally cheaper direct from Google Play.

I have the HTC One now, very happy with it but thinking about grabbing a Nexus 5 as well to go back and forth between the two. :D
Let me know if you end up going with one or the other - my lady lost her HTC One and we are looking for a way to make her square again, she's creaking along on an Atrix 1..;)

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
well it looks like the Nexus 5 is the pick. They'll be here today. I'll make sure to get a nice case for the Samsung if it is kinda *plastic* feeling.

:)

Vise

TRIBE Member
Let me know if you end up going with one or the other - my lady lost her HTC One and we are looking for a way to make her square again, she's creaking along on an Atrix 1..;)
As much as I'm enjoying it I would listen to offers for my HTC One if you're interested, shoot me a PM if so. I've had it for 6 months already, might be time to change things up.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Phones came in... really liking the ONE. I haven't thought about it yet, but I think I'm going to have an interesting time getting my contacts migrated.

Acer Liquid Metal (normal SIM, external SD)
HTC ONE (micro SIM, doesn't open)

Instead of 1 by 1 from SIM -> GMAIL -> ONE (and I really haven't even thought of it yet) but does any know of a good SIM migration tool?

AB

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
you cant export your full contact list to gmail without doing them one by one?

ps once you port all your contacts to gmail dont keep them on your SIM, life is MUCH easier.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Damn! I just came here to give a lil' update. I was looking at my settings on my ONE and there is an applet *transfer*. Well, that wizard was one of the easiest I've ever used. I just had to download this HTC transfer tool from the Google Play and click next a few times, enter a security code and voila !

Everything is transferred right now except for my games. I just have to figure that out now. Google is the shiznit!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Vise

TRIBE Member
My Nexus 5 should be delivered tomorrow, can't wait to see how it compares to the HTC One.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I think I have to use something called Titanium backup for restoring some of my games...

Other than that, pretty slick. I have a pretty nice flip case for it too, but there is always the screen. Some guy who I work with has a thin film cover that he said you can get for $10. Where do you find those?