• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

LF: Used Bell Cell Phone

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
turns out cell phones dont like to be submerged in water. anyone got an old cell they want to get rid of cheap? my contract is up in under 2 months so i dont want to buy another new bell phone since i dont plan on renewing with them.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
if your contract is up in two months and you're leaving bell.. just buy out the remainder of the contract! probaly will cost you like $30

and actually.. not sure abotu bell.. but with telus they told me that if it was within 6 months of the end of my contract i could terminate it with no penalty.

stanimal

TRIBE Member
^^^
yeah, i remember a few years back i was able to put my bell plan on hold (as i was going to be away from the country for a few months) for something like $15 a month, and the time away still counted towards my contract. i'm sure they still have some similar arrangement.

considering it will cost $10 just to activate a new phone, this is probably your best bet.

sauce

TRIBE Member
stanimal said:
^^^
yeah, i remember a few years back i was able to put my bell plan on hold (as i was going to be away from the country for a few months) for something like $15 a month, and the time away still counted towards my contract. i'm sure they still have some similar arrangement.

considering it will cost $10 just to activate a new phone, this is probably your best bet.
Why would it cost $10 to activate the other phone?

A simple ESN change should be free. If the guy at the store wants to charge you for programming just call in to the activations center and they'll walk you through it for free.

EZ

sauce

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders