1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

LF: Table for my tables

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell & Rent' started by xtcfreak, Oct 14, 2005.

1. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

Ok, so it looks like the one I wanted to buy is not available. So who has gone to a store like Ikea or home depot etc and found something suitable? I have heard of people using the jerker, would the extra shelf above hold 2 studio monitors?

Is there anything else out there ? I am not about to try and make one as it would be lopsided and would fall apart as soon as I placed anything on it.

I know there was someone here that made some nice custom ones, but i dont have 350+ to spend.

Jay

2. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

come on.. I am shopping this weekend!

Jay

3. DJ 6 String

DJ 6 String TRIBE Member

how much do you wanna spend?

4. Caz

Caz TRIBE Member

hey Jay, Dizzy from Newmarket has a custom one he no longer uses (sold his tables ) call him up or shoot me a PM and ill call him for you

5. Buddy Holly

Buddy Holly TRIBE Member

i built mine for 150 bucks. Three tables and shelving underneath for amp, records.
    Be creative and try making one yourself.
    It can be rewarding
    :)

6. channi

channi TRIBE Member

I have one that you might be interested in. I'm going to be moving end of the month and i'd like to get rid of it as I won't have space for it. So it'll be CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! I don't have any pics of it right now but i'll see if I can get a digi cam.

7. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

u can make one out of wood...for like 70 bux...it isnt hard as long as u have any DIY skill in ya...i built one, then it got destroyed in the madness that was new years eve 1999/2000....lot of stuff got ruinated that night...

8. Sinister Shadow

Sinister Shadow TRIBE Member

I use the saw-horses and thick glass from ikea with great success.
    Total cost, about $150. It's portable if it needs to go somewhere, but sturdy and classy looking in a living room (painted the saw-horses a la pier one styles).

cds

9. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

I've done the exact same thing. And you can raise the glass as high you need cuz the legs are adjustable. It doesn't look too bad.

I've been wanting to build something more custome / enclosed for a while but I've got the hammer skills of a chimp.

--r

10. Agent Smith

Agent Smith TRIBE Member

Like your self-respect?

11. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

nah...that didnt happen until i found out the cougar i banged was your mom.....

12. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

This would be a good option. You can set the height of the table to anything you want. Get the swivel monitor shelves to hold your speakers if you want more speration than the top shelf will allow.

13. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

Hey marty, thanks for the info.. can you PM me his info or call him and give me a shout? 416-757-0798

Btw, gonna be at scotts halloween party? Nice :)

Jay

14. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

I have like a budget of like 300$ .. I also went to ikea on the weekend , they have a kitchen thingy called the Kjallnas? it is perfect width and depth for 1200's and a DJM 600.. it isnt too deep , and has shelving underneith to put some vinyl.

Do you have something aswell?

Jay

15. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

Re: Re: LF: Table for my tables

I looked at it while I was at ikea , but it didnt look like it would hold both tables and mixer without having them battle style. but i didnt measure either :)

Jay

16. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

have any pics of that all setup?

Jay

17. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

So went to ikea and found this:

[​IMG]

Perfect hight, width (can hold 3 1200's and a djm 600) , and depth!

It took me about 1hr and a half to put it together. Nice and solid.

Jay

18. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

how much did that cost?

19. rabbitjoker

rabbitjoker TRIBE Member

Yeah yeah, and what is it named ?

20. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

sorry, it is the Fjallnas Occasional table if you want to search it on ikeas site. It was $236.

Jay

21. ghaleon

ghaleon TRIBE Member

sweet looking table... I wonder if it would be high enough?

22. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

it comes up to my waist. I am not bending my back in anyway.. I use to have my tables underneith my dustcovers to make them high enough on my old table, but this is delux!

Jay

23. Caz

Caz TRIBE Member

yeah Im apparently spinning there, according to the flyer i just got lol:p

i just PM'd you, Ill call dizzy and link that up

:)