• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

LF: Table for my tables

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Ok, so it looks like the one I wanted to buy is not available. So who has gone to a store like Ikea or home depot etc and found something suitable? I have heard of people using the jerker, would the extra shelf above hold 2 studio monitors?

Is there anything else out there ? I am not about to try and make one as it would be lopsided and would fall apart as soon as I placed anything on it.

I know there was someone here that made some nice custom ones, but i dont have 350+ to spend.

Thanks :)

Jay
 

Caz

TRIBE Member
hey Jay, Dizzy from Newmarket has a custom one he no longer uses (sold his tables ) call him up or shoot me a PM and ill call him for you
 

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
i built mine for 150 bucks. Three tables and shelving underneath for amp, records.
Be creative and try making one yourself.
It can be rewarding
:)
 

channi

TRIBE Member
I have one that you might be interested in. I'm going to be moving end of the month and i'd like to get rid of it as I won't have space for it. So it'll be CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! I don't have any pics of it right now but i'll see if I can get a digi cam.
 

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
u can make one out of wood...for like 70 bux...it isnt hard as long as u have any DIY skill in ya...i built one, then it got destroyed in the madness that was new years eve 1999/2000....lot of stuff got ruinated that night...
 

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
I use the saw-horses and thick glass from ikea with great success.
Total cost, about $150. It's portable if it needs to go somewhere, but sturdy and classy looking in a living room (painted the saw-horses a la pier one styles).

cds
 

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Sinister Shadow
I use the saw-horses and thick glass from ikea with great success.
Total cost, about $150. It's portable if it needs to go somewhere, but sturdy and classy looking in a living room (painted the saw-horses a la pier one styles).

cds
I've done the exact same thing. And you can raise the glass as high you need cuz the legs are adjustable. It doesn't look too bad.

I've been wanting to build something more custome / enclosed for a while but I've got the hammer skills of a chimp.

--r
 

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by xtcfreak
I have heard of people using the jerker, would the extra shelf above hold 2 studio monitors?
This would be a good option. You can set the height of the table to anything you want. Get the swivel monitor shelves to hold your speakers if you want more speration than the top shelf will allow.
 

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by caz
hey Jay, Dizzy from Newmarket has a custom one he no longer uses (sold his tables ) call him up or shoot me a PM and ill call him for you
Hey marty, thanks for the info.. can you PM me his info or call him and give me a shout? 416-757-0798

Btw, gonna be at scotts halloween party? Nice :)

Jay
 

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJ 6 String
how much do you wanna spend?
I have like a budget of like 300$ .. I also went to ikea on the weekend , they have a kitchen thingy called the Kjallnas? it is perfect width and depth for 1200's and a DJM 600.. it isnt too deep , and has shelving underneith to put some vinyl.

Do you have something aswell?

Jay
 

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: LF: Table for my tables

Originally posted by coleridge
This would be a good option. You can set the height of the table to anything you want. Get the swivel monitor shelves to hold your speakers if you want more speration than the top shelf will allow.
I looked at it while I was at ikea , but it didnt look like it would hold both tables and mixer without having them battle style. but i didnt measure either :)

Jay
 

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sinister Shadow
I use the saw-horses and thick glass from ikea with great success.
Total cost, about $150. It's portable if it needs to go somewhere, but sturdy and classy looking in a living room (painted the saw-horses a la pier one styles).

cds
have any pics of that all setup?

Jay
 

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
So went to ikea and found this:



Perfect hight, width (can hold 3 1200's and a djm 600) , and depth!

It took me about 1hr and a half to put it together. Nice and solid.

Jay
 

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
it comes up to my waist. I am not bending my back in anyway.. I use to have my tables underneith my dustcovers to make them high enough on my old table, but this is delux!

Jay
 

Caz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by xtcfreak
Hey marty, thanks for the info.. can you PM me his info or call him and give me a shout? 416-757-0798

Btw, gonna be at scotts halloween party? Nice :)

Jay
yeah Im apparently spinning there, according to the flyer i just got lol:p

i just PM'd you, Ill call dizzy and link that up

:)
 
Top