• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

LF: someone to do my web updates

Skipper

TRIBE Member
So I've paid out a significant chunk of cash to have a website designed, but I'm now not able to update it. I don't have dreamweaver nor do I have any technical know-how relating to web design.

I am looking to pay a small monthly flat fee to someone that I can trust to do my updates for me. I would have to give you my login and password to access the FTP of my host.

The type of updates I want to do are simple things like monthly charts, new dates, new mixes, etc - I would obviously give you all of the content.

I am looking for someone who can generally do it in a 2 or 3 day turnaround time. The updates wouldn't be that often - probably several small updates a month.

This wouldn't pay more than 10 or 15 a month but I am looking for a kind soul to help me out...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Skipper

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
A firm one, I am merely speculating
You better be merely speculating! :O ;)

To answer the question: I don't really know, but someone has already PMd me, much to your surprise MOD ONE!

joinT

TRIBE Member
The problem is adding content manually is time-expensive.. That price range would not pay for a full hour of time from someone who knows what they're doing. In an hour they will get one or two small updates done. Like a dozen photos added or something. I really hope you didn't spend too much, unless there really is a custom built backend to administrate the site, but if there was, you should be able to update it yourself.

My suggestion would be to just spend a couple hours to understand HTML/CSS and do the changes yourself - it is literally that easy..
If you want, I can take the design and make a template for the joomla cms system so that you can do updates, etc. yourself. You'd be looking at over a years worth of "updates" @ the price range you stated though for the template.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
either that or do the whole site in XML and just update the XML file.....

but that would require a whole redo of the site. :p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

blueshrike

TRIBE Member
joinT said:
The problem is adding content manually is time-expensive.. That price range would not pay for a full hour of time from someone who knows what they're doing. In an hour they will get one or two small updates done. Like a dozen photos added or something. I really hope you didn't spend too much, unless there really is a custom built backend to administrate the site, but if there was, you should be able to update it yourself.

My suggestion would be to just spend a couple hours to understand HTML/CSS and do the changes yourself - it is literally that easy..
If you want, I can take the design and make a template for the joomla cms system so that you can do updates, etc. yourself. You'd be looking at over a years worth of "updates" @ the price range you stated though for the template.
Well there are free templates out there. If she finds one that she likes, then you could charge her for just the work of installing it all. But then again your price for building a joomla template seems pretty reasonable to me.

But really your first suggestion is the right one. HTML/CSS really is quite easy if the framework and design is correct and complete.

kmac

TRIBE Member
joinT said:
Skipper, I learned how to update on this system in an hour working with templates. It's so easy.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
joinT said:

I agree with this 100% joinT knows what he's talking about... I have the same format with my web site, and it's easy to make changes.