• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

lf: roommate to share 2 br gerrard/jones (july 1st)

tella

TRIBE Member
my roommate just moved to calgary and the girl who was supposed to move in just bailed so here i go again:

the apartment is on the south side of gerrard at jones. the streetcar is literally on the doorstep (506) and we're a 5 minute walk from the 501 streetcar and a 2 minute busride from pape or donlands station (basically, it takes no time to get right downtown!). gerrard square is a 2 minute walk (zellers, food basics, home depot, etc), the best no frills in the city is a 5 minute walk and the lcbo and beer store are both less than 5 minutes away.

the apartment is a 2 bedroom on top of a doctors office (noise is not an issue ever). there is a HUGE patio which is awesome for the season! kitchen, dining room and living room as well as a bathroom with a really funky old tub. the room that will be available is a nice sized room, about 9x10 feet. it has a nice sized closet , ceiling fan and a skylight.

the apartment has no a/c but it manages to stay relatively cool in the summer. if you drive, there is a parking space available from the landlord behind the apartment for an extra 20$ a month.

the rent is 437.50$/month plus hydro and gas. in the summer, hydro was on average 42$ every 3 months and gas is 16$ a month. in the winter, due to the baseboard heathers, hydro varies from 80$ to 120$ every 3 months. there is no laundry but there is a laundromat right across the street.
there is shared internet if you have a wireless router however i dont know where this internet comes from. there is an internet cafe downstairs and i think it may be coming from them. eitherway, i've been using that as my internet source since i moved in and i havent had a problem yet. i also dont plan on purchasing internet from rogers or sympatico. there is a free cable hookup but it's really sketchy. both neighbours have dishes and i wouldnt be against contributing monthly to that as i'm kind of sick of having unreliable cable.

as for me, i'm a 25 year old woman who works full time. i'm easy going, a tiny bit sarcastic but love to have a laugh. i'm a pretty tidy person and am looking for a roommate who is similar. i love to cook, don't mind what you do on the weekends as long as you're not too loud at night on weekdays (and don't hang around crackheads). i would prefer a female roommate but am not closed to the idea of a male as long as your are respectful and responsible. there is no lease here but first and last month's rent would be reuired by the landlord. i don't have any pets, but wouldnt mind having a kitty or a dog as long as it was a clean kitty or dog (ie didnt poop everywhere and didnt chew on my shoes).

i will be around all week so it would be a great time to come and see the place, i also have pictures available if you pm me or email me nataliebc @ gmail.com . the move in date is completely flexible since my roommate has already moved out.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Maui

TRIBE Member
By crackheads do you mean actual crack smoking crackheads, or do you mean just all around "crazy" friends?

tella

TRIBE Member
Maui said:
By crackheads do you mean actual crack smoking crackheads, or do you mean just all around "crazy" friends?

a bit of both. i don't mind parties on the weekend but i don't like reckless people in my home.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders