• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

LF: Painting by a local artist

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
I am starting a business venture and need the assistance of an artist.

What I am in need of specifically is either an existing painting (that has not had copies printed of it), or a brand new piece that has yet to be created.

Requirements of the painting:
- Must be somewhat large (at least 18 inches x 18 inches)
- Format does not really matter (ie: pastels, watercolour, acrylic)
- Should preferably be close to squarish in size
- Must be very colourful and use a wide pallete
- The painting must evoke a "postitive" image (ie: I don't want a war scene)
- The image can be of "something" or an abstract, but it must not be plain

Sorry for being quite specific, but I need a certain type of painting in order for this project to work.

There are two options for payment which we can work out in private once I have decided on a painting:

1) I buy the painting from you directly for one-time fee (immediate payment)
2) We work out a commission payment based on sales (more potential)

In addition, should the project work out as planned, the main benefit to the artist will be wide exposure. It is a low risk venture (not much to lose), but the potential benefits are great.

If you are interested, or know someone who might be, please contact me at: buysell@thechapmangroup.ca

If you have pictures of existing paintings, or a link to an online gallery, then that would be greatly appreciated as it would assist me in determining if the painting is a suitable choice.

- Ian

Last edited:

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Vixen is an amazing artist and has a good variety of paintings for those who are particular ;) abstract, lifedrawing, interperpretive.

I'll forward her this link, but you'd likely have to go by her house to see them. Some of them are 4' x 4'

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
Not sure I have anything that's particularly cheery, but if you like my stuff, I can think about your project and come up with an original work and present you the concept.

check my tribe thread, aphro portraits there a bunch of paintings on the third page I think.

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
CitySunset.jpg

city.jpg

birds.jpg

Stacked.jpg

Sprawl.jpg

lines.jpg

just to get an idea of my style right now..

Vixen

TRIBE Member
Hey Ian,

I can forward some images tonight once I am home.

The larger pc's are harder to see the texture used.

I have sent you an email from my office but also copied you on another email available for reply.

Keep in touch,

V

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
thanks guys

Power Lines and City have already been sold. Stacked is mine.

my paintings are $300 and up, but I can always work with a budget (work smaller)

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Thanks for the responses guys/girls. I got quite a few and will respond to each of you in time. Please be patient.

A lot of excellent work on this board which will make the selection more difficult unfortunately.

Chiclet

TRIBE Promoter
Aphrodite is an amazing artist with incredible range! She's great with any medium and ubject matter.

I may be biased, but ask anyone on this board.