• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

LF: Old Architectural Graphic Standards books

rhyss

TRIBE Member
I am helping a friend design the buildings for his business plan - a Childrens camp. However, I have never designed a Childrens camp before.

I am looking for an old Architectural Graphic Standards Reference Book that I could buy or borrow while I do this for him. You might say that I could go to the library....nope, it's a reference book. Buying new? $$$ Finding anywhere? been a bit hard.

So if someone out there in tribe land took Architecture or knows of someone who did who has this book just sitting up on a shelf not being used and could let me borrow or sell it to me, I would be greatly appreciative.

PM me or email samralh at rocketmail dot calm

evil homer

TRIBE Member
not looking to thread crap here (though who really uses graph standards? seems antithetical to architecture so far as i'm concerned) but if you want to check out interesting structures sized for kids check out aldo van eyck's work (his play book is at robarts and has lots of drawings). Also check out various disaster relief structures for ideas about material usage - shigeru ban's work springs immediately to mind, but the red cross webpage will point to other more climatically suitable approaches. Finally, i'd look at low environmental impact technologies such as straw bale (chris walker's book is very good and has plenty of details - he's also an accessible man about town if you have further questions you can find his email easily by googling and he). Sustainabuild are another local group only too happy to help you with tech. spec. questions relating to green technologies. just some local alternative to going the graphic standards route.

(i'm not saying graphic standards have no use - I wouldn't know the turning radii of various commercial jets without them - but for a small local low tech structure such as a camp you should be able to save the $300 by doing some material research)

I've also drawn up a set of very basic plans for a children's camp (for granting purposes so they're vague and siteless) but it's a programme i'm very interested in and would be into chatting further about specifics with you.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
so i'm guessing Evil Homer doesnt have what Rhyss is looking for, so, indeed, Evil Homer, youre taking up space in here , so go up your post count elsewhere.
a bouncey castle would be cool tho.

evil homer

TRIBE Member
ndrwrld said:
so i'm guessing Evil Homer doesnt have what Rhyss is looking for, so, indeed, Evil Homer, youre taking up space in here , so go up your post count elsewhere.
a bouncey castle would be cool tho.
i get my posts slow and steady
and moreover i'm raising the general level of discourse up in here.

if rhyss was looking for graphic standards and said no more than i'd keep my mouth shut. but as there was an indication as to why rhyss wanted graph. standards I offered an alternative which may well be beneficial to rhyss's overarching endeavour - id est designing a chlidren's camp.

Thus I do have what rhyss is looking for in some slightly broader sense of the word.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
I have a couple graphic standards books at home... They are about four years old... I am not sure how much they would benefit you, but if you would like them, send me a pm...

My other suggestion would be to visit a childrens camp... Whenever I am putting a design together for someone I find it helpful to visit a similar building/area...

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
evil homer said:
i get my posts slow and steady
and moreover i'm raising the general level of discourse up in here.

Thus I do have what rhyss is looking for in some slightly broader sense of the word.
be gentle on rhyss.
my bad.