• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

LF: motorcycle for the summer

drave

TRIBE Promoter
Hi, it's Dave of Promise here.

I've been looking for a bike lately.

I'm into something later than 1988, a 650 cc or so and kinda classic looking, like a virago, a marauder or a shadow or something. I need to use it for work, so i would prefer some sort of saddle bags and backrest type of thing.

Hopefully i dont have to pay over 1500-2000, but will consider more if i have to

Anyone got sumfin for me?

dave

BeatPhreaker

TRIBE Member
Head to Ontario Cycle Salvage. They're in Scarborough and sell bikes for cheap. talk to Scott. I've bought all my bikes there. 416-699-6198

littlejon

TRIBE Member
hey dave - a little off from what you are looking for, but i have a '78 cb 750 that i am passing on to the next person. old but solid and time has been kind to the classic cb style.

comes with a black 4 in 1 pipe along with a beat-up set of the 4 in 4 and a cute flyscreen.

$1000 on tribe.

drave

TRIBE Promoter
thanks for the tips on bikes. It's not an easy decision.

I'm thinking 78 is way old, john, friends of mine who ride say that working on a bike is a huge expense and that older bikes are to be avoided, older than 88 or so. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for the number in scarborough there, your guy seems friendly and will try to hook me up.

dave

littlejon

TRIBE Member
drave said:
I'm thinking 78 is way old, john, friends of mine who ride say that working on a bike is a huge expense and that older bikes are to be avoided, older than 88 or so. Any thoughts on that?

it is more the model of the bike that matters. if there is still parts availability, all is cool. if it is something that was made for 3 years and then dissapeared, be cautious.

pretty much any old honda will give you trouble free crusing, i have known many through the years. old viragos are pretty solid as well, and i do like the yami xs 650s.

and if too much breaks on one just go and buy another.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

drave

TRIBE Promoter
littlejon said:
hey dave - a little off from what you are looking for, but i have a '78 cb 750 that i am passing on to the next person. old but solid and time has been kind to the classic cb style.

comes with a black 4 in 1 pipe along with a beat-up set of the 4 in 4 and a cute flyscreen.

$1000 on tribe.

i'm looking at pics of these on the net. They are pretty cool. Maybe i should take a second opinion on this type of bike. Call me at 550.2702

drave

TRIBE Promoter
hey little jon,

I've been asking around a bit more and would like to look at your bike, can you give me your number or call me at 550.2702 so we can set something up?

thanks, dave

mdave@sympatico.ca