• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

LF: male kitty-cat!!!

ALEKSANDRA

TRIBE Member
Hey guys, I'm in the process of looking for a MALE kitty similar to the one below....

If you know of anyone who is having short hair grey-brown (striped) tabby kittens, please PM me.
Thanks!
(I know I just missed out on a kitten give away, but I need a male anyways:))

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
you killed a cat and have to replace it before little Timmy gets back from fat camp. you sicken me. and watching any 80's sitcom will tell you that this NEVER works.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
my friend works at Bloor West vet clinic.. they have two week old kittens who look like that guy.. a little darker maybe.. they are totally cute...

its at Bloor and Jane area..

ALEKSANDRA

TRIBE Member
Ok new ad:

LF: Ride to bloor west vet clinic.
lol jk

lucky1 thanks for that info! I am going to call them today and get dibs :D hehe

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ALEKSANDRA

TRIBE Member
Oh also if anyone has advice on the best way to train the kitty to use a litter box and any other info you think is vital to adopting a baby cat, plz let me know. My experience with pets is 3 hamsters and about 40 goldfish lol

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
ReCkLeSs GiRL said:
Oh also if anyone has advice on the best way to train the kitty to use a litter box and any other info you think is vital to adopting a baby cat, plz let me know. My experience with pets is 3 hamsters and about 40 goldfish lol

Usually you only have to show and place the kitten in the litter box, and they should go in it... May have an accident or two, but if that happens, show them the accident and take them back to the litter right away...

Kittens are a great pet, show lots of love, and attention... Tinfoil balls are the best little toys for them ever.

Good luck finding your kitten!

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
^^^yea, put the little critter in the box and it's almost instant.

When mine first started to go - I've had 3 out of my 4 from birth I started with news paper in the spot that they chose (they were quite small and couldn't make it into the box) then introduced them to the litter - even went as far as to put a few pieces of newpaper in the litter. Never had a problem since. It was practically instant and instinctual.

ALEKSANDRA

TRIBE Member
For the litter box, it looks like this (except it has a flap where the hole is)

So should I put him in there without the lid and get him used to it like that first, or what? I don't want him to get scared in there and not know what to do..

s1k

TRIBE Member
don't waiste ur money on a litter box...go to canadian tire and buy an "under bed storage box", it's crystal clear and costs 7 bucks. normal litter boxes are too small for when cats get big so they poop outside it...this looks nice in terms of aesthetics and it works better overall.

ALEKSANDRA

TRIBE Member
I'm still looking for a kitty, it's not settled on that little 2 wk old guy, so I'm still interested in kitty's available for adoption:)

lucky1

TRIBE Member
s1k said:
don't waiste ur money on a litter box...go to canadian tire and buy an "under bed storage box", it's crystal clear and costs 7 bucks. normal litter boxes are too small for when cats get big so they poop outside it...this looks nice in terms of aesthetics and it works better overall.

What?! Everyone i know with a cat has a litterbox with a lit as in the picture. its fine. the lid is a must.

for a kitten though the side is too big at first for the kitten to get over. buy a Kitten litter box from the pet store to use the first couple months.. its much smaller and easier to get in and out of for a kitten the size of your hand..

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
My kittens (who are now full grown cats) learned to use the litterbox without a single accident! But i think that's because their mother was there and taking them to it ;)

squirrely

TRIBE Member
why does it have to be a grey tabby, and why does it have to be a male?

i'm totally just curious cuz i find all kittens to be equally cute and i'm always interested in how people develop such fierce preferences.

ALEKSANDRA

TRIBE Member
Thanks for the link. I actually found a cute little guy waiting for me at west side story animal hospital. As long as his infection clears up for tuesday, he is all mine :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ALEKSANDRA

TRIBE Member
--------------------- new post --------

So as a bunch of you know, I got a kitten but he had health probs and after taking him to the vet they had to keep him til further notice. Actually one of the vets have now ended up adopting him, so he is in the best care now :).

Anyways, I'm back on the kitten hunt.... if anyone hears of any friends, coworkers, vet clinics etc. that get a litter, plz post info in here! Much appreciated! THANKS!!

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
I have a male cat that is like 5 or so that looks exactly like that. He has been getting on my nerves for the past 2 weeks. You can borrow him for a bit.

willis

TRIBE Member
i have a gray tabby kitten.

ReCkLeSs GiRL said:
--------------------- new post --------

So as a bunch of you know, I got a kitten but he had health probs and after taking him to the vet they had to keep him til further notice. Actually one of the vets have now ended up adopting him, so he is in the best care now :).

Anyways, I'm back on the kitten hunt.... if anyone hears of any friends, coworkers, vet clinics etc. that get a litter, plz post info in here! Much appreciated! THANKS!!

mercure

TRIBE Promoter
A friend of mine works in a vet clinic, and I'm going to see her tonight. I'll ask if they know of any available kittens.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
you should see if any of those ones the humane society rescued from that pet store are still available...theyre waiving the usual adoption fee and such...i want to go get one but my damn girlfriend still wont let me have another animal in the house..#@%#$^