• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

LF: good bike

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
My bike got yoinked last fall, and as summer approaches I'm getting ready to get a new one.

I'm looking around for a good used hardtail mtn bike...LX or XTR components, aluminum or light cro-mo/steel construction....17 or 18" frame with decent front suspension.

for those of you who don't know about bikes, please no supercycles or norcos...yes, I know they have suspension....it's not what I'm after.

something in a specialized or a rockymountain might be nice.....

anybody?

HC_P

TRIBE Member
If a remember correctly, I think Sports Swap has a used bike section. The selection can be hit-and-miss, but you might luck out and find a sweet deal.

A.

db

TRIBE Member
FYI -- Norco makes some great high quality bikes (HT and FS). Of course only those who know about bikes would know this... ;)

littlejon

TRIBE Member
i loved my rocky.
totally felt like aggro urban assault, but someone thought they should have it rather than me.
fucker fucker.

but i dun think you can go wrong with one, tacky.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Shit man there is a bike shop down on queen that has some really nice Giants on sale.

The name of the store is slipping my mind right now. I will post up when it hits me.
All XT components. my neighbour just bought one.

Also keep your eye out for Marin bikes. Great bike at a fairly reasonable price.

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Fillmore said:
Shit man there is a bike shop down on queen that has some really nice Giants on sale.

The name of the store is slipping my mind right now. I will post up when it hits me.
All XT components. my neighbour just bought one.

Also keep your eye out for Marin bikes. Great bike at a fairly reasonable price.
Dukes?

West of Spadina on the south side.

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Silent Sports Cycling Swap & Sale Dates:

Saturday/Sunday April 8-9th
Saturday/Sunday May 27-28th
Saturday/Sunday June 24-45th
Saturday September 9th

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
Norco is bad ass. Yes they were supercycle styles a while back but they pinch Rocky Mountains R&D man about 8 years ago and their bikes are sweet now.

kuba

TRIBE Member
What's your budget?

I have an s-works specialized M4 that might be available.

It's amazing. Super light with SID forks, XT/LX components, and it's basically team-spec from way back, but still better/lighter than what you can get for the same price. No disc brakes.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
looking at between 6-800 probably.

and GUYS, I know norco makes ok bikes, are you really going to follow me around the internet making snide remarks because you're such norco lovers...norco fuck off was just a joke....holy shit, it's like you make them yourselves or something.

thanks for the tips y'all.

NORCO!

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
I am by no means a Norco fan at all, but I have admit that they have come a long way in vamping up their bike quality and providing not only cheap low end bikes, but now providing pretty decent and top quality bikes.

I rented a Norco DH bike couple years back at Bromont and I'd have to say it was a tight little ship. But that was only one day of riding it.

mmmm.. bicycles....

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
haha, jeeez...

they have come a long way...but in the back of my mind, a norco is a hunk of turd...which is what spawned the original comment..

IF ANYBODY HAS A NORCO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW....I'm sold, I love norcos.

I like norco bikes....can you all sleep better now?

:)

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
What's your budget?

I have an s-works specialized M4 that might be available.

It's amazing. Super light with SID forks, XT/LX components, and it's basically team-spec from way back, but still better/lighter than what you can get for the same price. No disc brakes.
Selling again? What will replace it this go-round?

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
TaCk OnE? said:
looking at between 6-800 probably.
You're not getting XTR in this price range unless it's thrashed or hot. Not worth the money anyhow. XT is a great all-rounder and a few LX parts won't kill you.

If you plan on locking it up downtown, even LX is probably pushing it.

Check out the Silent sports swap on April 8th like Amy mentioned... and get there at least 30mins before they open to snap up the best deals.

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
TaCk OnE? said:
haha, jeeez...
they have come a long way...but in the back of my mind, a norco is a hunk of turd...which is what spawned the original comment..
IF ANYBODY HAS A NORCO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW....I'm sold, I love norcos.
I like norco bikes....can you all sleep better now?
:)
Sorry.. my comment wasn't to convert you into loving Norco's. I was just realizing how well they have come along. I actually agree with you that I can't help but think of Norco being a hunk of turd.

Relax.. I don't mind your opinion of Norco.

Have fun when you find your bike!

:D

Last edited:

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
ED Larry said:
www.pinkbike.com

loads of bike on there.... to bad i just sold my 04 kona hoss for 500, great bike for the price.

happy bike shoppin.

that site is pretty good actually, thanks.

noticed they're selling a LOT of norcos on there.

low customer satisfaction....