• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

LF: Didgeridoo

chooch

TRIBE Member
Anyone have one gathering dust or know of a good supplier of authentic-ish didges?

Have seen some but they are Indonesian, or made from plastic tubing. (which may be interesting) but ideally would like a painted up wooden one.

thanks for any help/advisements.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

chooch

TRIBE Member
thanks for the link. very nice!....one of these would be great for outdoor playing/not being concerned with weather.

i'm also looking for the authentic too.

:)

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ok chooch here's the deal.

I have an authentic - from australia - didj with nice artwork on it (two "collars" on the top and bottom in an aboriginal style, and a cool fish in the middle).

It's a C.

I need money and I hardly play it.

It was also a gift from the rents and I wonder about having to cop to the fact I sold it when they went out of their way to send it up to me on their visit.

I also like making noises with it but can't do the circular breathing - but then again I havent really had the opportunity for a good teacher.

Let me think about it.

One option I'm prepared to consider if I dont feel like selling it is lending it to you for like, 6 months or something.

I'll PM you when I figure it out..:)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

chooch

TRIBE Member
sure, think about it. a loaner maybe good to see if it is even for me might be for me...and see if you can live without it. A C would be nice.

there may be another austrialian one coming my way, just waiting for the deets, etc.

also, i have a cheapy one coming my way with a cd/dvd to show how to play and for the circular breathing, etc. who knows maybe i won't get the hang of it! LOL!

oh...do you know the type of wood it is made from? just curious....!

praktik

TRIBE Member
ummm - well its totally authentic - its like that wood that gets hollowed out by beetles or something like that. I'm interested in that DVD!

praktik

TRIBE Member
wurd

im totally not in a position to put in the hours to practise on this thing though for the moment - got too many records to play! And I really do need money.

So I'm still gonna think about selling/lending if you're interested

Taro

TRIBE Member
sell sell sell!

I have one too - although its in ottawa - and frankly, I haven't used it in about oh.....5-7 years - and i can't circular breath either, so at best you make cool sounds for seconds at a time

chooch

TRIBE Member
wurd

im totally not in a position to put in the hours to practise on this thing though for the moment - got too many records to play! And I really do need money.

So I'm still gonna think about selling/lending if you're interested

let me know $$ if you want a straight sell and if you want to lend...that is cool....just let me know.

taro...i hope that i don't neglect the didge if i get it, however, i have insturments and practice almost daily...so i could rotate this in. i'm hoping i catch on to the circular breathing. have been on u-tube getting some "lessons".

Taro

TRIBE Member
in order to make the (even remotely) cool sounds - you really need to be able to circular breath - and damn is that shit ever hard...

>come to think of it - that thing has been sitting there for a lot longer than 7 years - probably more like 15...
I got it in aus too - I was a kid though, and it was cool at the time - and now I realize that my hopes of being an amzing didgo are never going to come true.....
:(

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
I found one for sale at a place called Busters. Bloor and Ossington. Right across from Long and McQuade. $125.