• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

LF: 2bdrm w/ac in Annex

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
It appears that fate has transpired and may force us to move. We need to be closer to the Spadina subway line. If anyone has a good lead on a nice 2bdrm with A/C in the Annex we'd be very interested.

Budget is around $1500/month. I'm scoping Now, Craigslist and The Star. But an insiders tip is always welcome. Maybe you're planning to move out in a few months and you've got one shizzle space?

That said our 1500sq ft, 2bdrm studio space will likely be available in the coming month(s). Fantastic space, with real hardwood floors, 12 foot ceilings, loft bed, jet tub, private furnace/CAC/hot water, parking. All the features of a modern condo but with some actual space. We'll keep any interested parties in mind. Location is Dufferin and Dupont (2 minute walk to Dufferin Bus, and 12 minute walk to Dufferin Subway).

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
I love this neighborhood. good choice!

there's a bachelor penthouse in my building for $1100. 95 Prince Arthur Ave.

dyad

TRIBE Member
best thing to do, and to find the real gems in the annex in my own and my friends experience is to walk/bike/drive around for a few hours. the area has one of the lowest vacancy rates in the city so most landlords dont bother advertising outside of the sign in the window.

you should try that building north of bloor on walmer that looks like its out of the jetsons! i had friends live there for years and loved it. plus its cool looking

are you looking for May 1st? a lot of the leases are up then for u of t students so its a good time to be looking. if you know anyone with a valid student card get them to check u of t housing for you.

Understated

TRIBE Member
good call... i'm looking in annex as well and i'm taking all afternoon tomorrow to walk around the area to see if i can find anything.

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
Thanks for all the help.

Unfortunately not really looking to live in a high rise. A coach house or large apartment in a house would be strongly preferred. I'll have to try out the walking/biking in the area suggestion.

Conrad

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
No doubt it's nice... but I play techno. This has caused me a lot of problems in the past when living in larger apartments. This boils down to probability. More people in close proximity raises the chances someone will be unable to tolerate the music.

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
Cannabus... sure... we're still trying to find a place so I can't say when it will be available, but if you're welcome to come take a look. I'm home tonight after 6pm. Generally home on weeknights after 6pm (except tuesday).

Let me know what works for you.

cds