• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

letting children drive

zoo

TRIBE Member
so as i'm leaving my girlfriend's house tonight at 2am in mississauga (meadowvale to be exact, driving along battleford) i'm listening to the radio (one double-oh seven) chillin' with relatively nice beats when all of a sudden a car approaching a stop sign off battleford runs the stop sign headed directly infront of my car

i'm doing about 60km/h (70?), the speed limit (or just slightly over)

i spin the wheel a bit and hit the brakes so i slide to the right and around his car, noticing that there are one (or two?) people in the car, young, with (a) surprised look(s) on his (their) face(s), almost laughing it seemed as i drove by

i stopped the car, and the first thought i had was that i have a set of golf clubs in the trunk that i could use right now, and in as much time as it took me to fully stop the car, these bozos continued on their way into the suburban maze ahead of them

i was about to throw it into reverse and chase these motherfuckers down but kept on going instead, as this isn't actually my car i'm driving and i didn't want to be responsible for any damage that might happen as a result of me misjudging the situation and going after 4 guys instead of just one or two

what kind of asshole does something like this? even if they missed the stop sign by accident, i was clearly coming down the road when they jumped infront of me. had i not swerved, i would've t-boned this guy's car and anybody sitting in the passenger side would've been toast.

had i been more tired and less alert (like i was last night coming back from toronto) i would have certainly smashed into this guy's car, seriously injuring the passengers.

i just can't understand how anyone can be this retarded.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
hello teenagers....

my lil sister is starting to do stupid shit like this.......im still wondering why she hasent been sent to private school yet....i was only given a month of skipping school and smoking dope b4 i got the plane ticket...

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
yeah. i totally did that when i was 14 or 15 and on a date with a 16 year old with his own car.

i was pretty good at the driving part.

i'm pretty sure the kissing sucked tho.

[kids are dumb]

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by grumblegirl
yeah. i totally did that when i was 14 or 15 and on a date with a 16 year old with his own car.
I'm 31 and have trouble letting you drive my car. ;)

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rataxès
I'm 31 and have trouble letting you drive my car. ;)
yeah, but i'm much better at the kissing part now, at least.

[and you let me drive whenever i want to. *wink wink*]

edit:
also - my sister lets my 3 year old niece 'drive' on the country road at the cottage. she puts her in her lap, and lets her 'steer'. my niece literally squeels with excitement. it's super cute. it's also 10 km/hr. hee hee.

Last edited:

Boo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
jorbviously
Just pointing out the obvious irony in your rant about letting 'children' drive, when you in fact were using your parents car. And if they didn't let their child drive their car, none of this would happen :p

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo

i was about to throw it into reverse and chase these motherfuckers down but kept on going instead...
hahaha, I find this hilarious. You take driving way too seriously. Shit happens. Get over it.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
you should've beat them down. this would make them fear ever doing such a thing again and would actually benefit them.

benediction through beating.

why not

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
i was about to throw it into reverse and chase these motherfuckers down but kept on going instead, as this isn't actually my car i'm driving and i didn't want to be responsible for any damage that might happen as a result of me misjudging the situation and going after 4 guys instead of just one or two

LOL, bit of road rage there eh?

would you really have chased them down if you were driving your own car?
how is that any less stupid than what they did?

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
This type of stuff happens all the time... I am sure just about everyone has done something silly when driving.... If not, well it must be nice to be perfect :)

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Michlerish

You were a young driver once.
The people in the car could have just as easily been 25 years old. STFU
So because we were dumb teenagers once we don't have a right to condemn other teenager's dumb behaviour?

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by ~atp~
So because we were dumb teenagers once we don't have a right to condemn other teenager's dumb behaviour?
dumb behaviour is dumb behaviour. it barely matters what age it happens at.

You know you're old when....

zoo

TRIBE Member
i guess i'm in the wrong here for getting mad at a kid that intentionally tries to get t-boned by my car

----> :rolleyes:

~atp~

TRIBE Member
yah zoo, I think you need a little check-up at the ethics clinic for people who used to be teenagers.

Fuck, man.

Vincent Vega

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Michlerish
dumb behaviour is dumb behaviour. it barely matters what age it happens at.

You know you're old when....
Dumb behaviour is trying to fit 7 people into a 5 person car. Dumb is smuggling a buddy in a trunk somewhere....

Driving through a stop sign and almost T-boning another driver at 70 km/h is reckless and has the potential to kill someone. Regardless of age.

Grow up.

annec

TRIBE Member
There's a dad in the states (I can't remember which one) who's up for vehicular homicide because he was trying to teach his 15-year old daughter how to drive sans learner's permit, and she wigged out, mistook the accelerator for the brake, drove straight into a young mum.

sad!

lucky1

TRIBE Member
if it was after 2 am is sort obvious the took the family car out for a joyride. The didn't stop at the stop sign and almost hit you because they probably have no idea how to drive and where to look, and which pedal is the break etc.

if it bothered you so much you should have written the licensce plate down, then gone to the police station to fill out a report.