• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Letterkenny -- better than trailer park boys?

Stop Bill C-10

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Yeah, loved the shorts a couple years ago and just noticed recently that they've got full episodes now.

Even better living in the country. Hits close to home!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

videotronic

TRIBE Member
are the full episodes on youtube? there are shorts from 3 years ago but theres a 6x30 min episode series out on crave tv now...

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I don't think they're official channels, but when I looked at it a couple of weeks ago they were filed under something like "season 1 episode 1" One of the episode 3 copies is poor quality, but there is a decent one floating around too.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
hmmm. looks like its been pulled. I knew I should have watched all the episodes when I had a chance!

The shorts from a couple of years back are still up. They're all good but I really liked the hockey players one

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
It's better on the second viewing. Especially with westerners, who are angered that it's Ontario, because it reminds them of home. Seems rural Canadians across the country share a lot in common. :)

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Westerners don't think Ontario is "real canada", they've Palinized us!

No..There's just a lot of...dislike for All things east of Manitoba(the maritimes seem to be exempt), from what I've seen. It's not always the case, and much of it is friendly ribbing.

But it does peek through a bit more seriously around elections...divisive politics abound.

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Der...double post. Sorry bout that.

Of course the actors are. But they do portray things quite nicely.

Last edited:

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
'course the guys in the show are actually city boys just pretending.

Jared Keeso (creator and lead) based the series on his hometown of Listowel, Ontario. It started as a twitter acct @listowelproblems.

There's a torrent floating around for those who need. i think grabbed it off kat.

A bit repetitive, but its a good start. The banter is great. The bartender is hilarious.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
'course the guys in the show are actually city boys just pretending.

The writer is from Listowel and Modeans is a real bar.

I picked up a guy in Modeans. Didn't work out well for me.

Guy was from an even hicker town than Listowel. Probably Mennonite.

-jM
A&D