• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

let's talk about the east coast

kuba

TRIBE Member
PEI
NFLD
NS
NB

I want to go see it.

The plan is for 7-8 days to spend out there.

Would you recommend I drive? OR- get there and rent a car?

What are some of the GREAT things to see/do?

Ideally I'd like to simply hang out in little towns/places by the ocean, eat, relax, chill on a beach, maybe play golf, but overall, just see a part of Canada that I've never seen.

Help!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Might not be enough time Jake. If you take the ferry to NL (new abbreviation for Newfoundland and Labrador) it's going to take you 7-14 hours one way depending on which route you take. This is why a large portion of people who have "seen the maritimes" don't go the exta distance to NL. And miss out!

Then if you want to see the island, there's only one major road and it's the long way around, so you're looking at a couple of days travelling there.

I'd say if you're going to do it, skip New Brunswick. It's like the trailer park of the maritimes anyway. (Sorry chooch). Well, the coast is nice but you'll see that on the way to PEI. :p

And of course you're welcome in my house any day.

kuba

TRIBE Member
so NFLD and PEI then? that's the suggestion?

Is it wise to focus in on one area (like NFLD) and see/do stuff there with the limited amount of time we have?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Nova Scotia might be a better middle ground for you based on the time you have.

Although the people from there are kind of sketchy. ;)

NL has tons of stuff, when are you looking to travel?

kmac

TRIBE Member
Bah... still waiting to hear if I'm going to St. John's this summer for work. I think I made a impressive business case for myself, which didn't involve drinking screech or meeting Rick Mercer.

*crosses fingers*

Lovely N Amazin

TRIBE Member
i'd love to visit newfoundland but boss hog is right, it's worthy of its own trip... well, that what's i tell myself to make me feel better for missing it when i spent time in the maritimes ;)

noodle

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
so NFLD and PEI then? that's the suggestion?

Is it wise to focus in on one area (like NFLD) and see/do stuff there with the limited amount of time we have?

Either that or PEI and spend some time on the Cabot Trail in Cape Bretton, NS. Might be a little more doable considering the time you have and both are amazing in the summer.

If you you end up in Halifax you can visit my brother at his work! He's bartending in the Eve lounge at the Halifax Westin.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
I'm going out east in august for the evolve festival.. not that long of a trip at all.. going to do 2 days 1 night on my own in halifax.. then up to where ever the festival is for a night

noodle

TRIBE Member
Cabot Trail:

Nova%20Scotia%20-%20Cabot%20Trail.jpg

Cabot%20Trail.jpg

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
When I was a 16 I did a bike trip with my dad from halifax to cape breton and around the cabot trail. Biking and camping is the way to go!

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
oh but kuba apparantly the east coast is full of summer duvet sleepers so you might not enjoy yourself.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
In 7-8 days, I'd recommend PEI and NS.
NS is awesome and the shore along the mainland and PEI is beautiful in the summer (but I grew up there so I may be biased).

Halifax is worth spending a day or two in at least, with small trips out to places like Peggy's cove.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
D1Willow said:
I've been told that Halifax has a great edm scene, small, but with a great vibe.
Is this true?

Its slowly building...but its a really small community. One of my dj's Art Official is from Nova Scotia, he plays a couple raves a year there...and they love him...and he's really electro...i wouldn't compare it to the size of Toronto's scene obviously but there's a definite party scene there for sure.

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
Drive. Its a hell of a interesting trip. I did it in 2003. The main focus being Newfoundland and Halifax. It helps to have 2 drivers.

Day 1: Drove to Fredericton and crashed in a Hotel. New Brunswick is kind of boring. Especially the drive.

Day 2: PEI for 4 hours then on to Cape Breton and the Newfie Ferry.

Day 3 - Day 5: Corner Brook and Gros Morne (Gros Morne is probably the most beautiful part of Newfoundland - amazing scenery)

Day 6 - Day 8: St. John's (George Street baby!)

Day 9: Back to the Ferry

Day 10 - Day 11: Halifax (Night Life is Awesome)

Day 12: 18 hours Halifax to Toronto.

In my opinion Newfoundland is a 3-4 dayer for sure. PEI you can do in 2 days. Nova Scotia you need 3 days. You will spend a lot of time driving but you will get to see alot. Its a good trip.

If you need driving times and such, let me know. And let me know if you do decide to head to the Rock. I am due home for a vacation, maybe I will schedule it around when you are going, give you a place to crash for a night or two.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Jake do Nova Scotia and PEI but give yourself 2weeks if driving, the drive alone ot halifax is 19hours.

be sure to check out
white point - you can surf there
bay of fundy
peggies cove
ther bluenose
cabot trail _ this is a day in itself
sydney mines - my kins hometown
halifax 2 days min

the ferry is approx 2 hours to PEI

PEI
charlottetown
loads of golfing
the green gables
confederation bridge

kuba

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
oh but kuba apparantly the east coast is full of summer duvet sleepers so you might not enjoy yourself.

oh but you see, the person i'm sleeping with isn't a retard. she likes to sleep sans retardduvet when it's blazing hot.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
ok but if you're not careful you might come back smelling like fish, poverty, and a deep seeded envy for the riches of Ontario.

Jagermathers

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
ok but if you're not careful you might come back smelling like fish, poverty, and a deep seeded envy for the riches of Ontario.

But on the bright side you might pull your head out of your upper canadian ass long enough to learn that the expression is actually deep-seated.

The expression has nothing to do with a feeling being planted deep within one, but instead refers to its being seated firmly within one’s breast: “My aversion to anchovies is deep-seated.” Tennis players may be seeded, but not feelings.
:p