• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Let's talk about spas!

dj Red Turtle

TRIBE Promoter
So if you had like $200 to spend which spa would you go to and what would you get?

How much would an hour massage and manicure plus pedicure cost?

Know of any good packages going on now?

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
The best thing to do is buy a gift certificate for www.wayspa.com
which can be used at many different spas of her choosing (assuming it's for her) ;)

A mani/pedi would cost around $50, and a one hour massage probably $75 - $100.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Good thread-- I'm also looking for a spa getaway package, possibly for my mom and I for January. Any suggestions on where we could drive for an overnight stay/spa somewhere?

AlyG

TRIBE Member
Not sure if they're doing this now, but Civello had a deal over Christmas where they would match your purchase of a gift card $200.00 or over with a gift card (same value) for spa services.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Hey guys and gals, I need to know which spa (and specifically a spa since I have a wayspa gift cert) will give me the ultimate pedi. You know, when your feet are dry, cracked and your cuticles need professional help - who will fix this for me?? I just gave myself the worst pedi ever...I'm going to have to suck it up and pay.

Fairie

TRIBE Member
If your feet are in bad shape, I recommend Ritual on King West. I started going there because it was close to my work and they are awesome. I finally got Ian to go after much nagging and trust me when I say his feet were a MESS. The girl really took her time and he came out of there with different feet.

The phone number is 416-306-0040 and website is www.ritual.ca. Very reasonable prices too!

spaboy

TRIBE Member
^ Maria @ Rituals is so hot! Mmmmm

Check out Clarins in Yorkville. I think stupid WaySpa works with them too. Sweet Pedicure area

deevah

TRIBE Member
stillwater is prolly still my fav in this city

massage + pedi will run u from $150-200+ but i prefer getting my massages from a clinic

skip, try a paraffin pedi

Scarlett

TRIBE Member
Ya! A paraffin pedi is magnifique...the first time i had one i was amazed at how much of a difference it made on a pedi. It's like my feet were like baby new!

spaboy

TRIBE Member
Fuck me

Thinking of it made me wanna head down. I guess it's hard to pay that primo price per square foot on Pedis :p

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Back to the pedi question - I'm going down to queen w for a stroll today, where can I stop in and check if they take drop ins? Somewhere between bathurst and ossington.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
spaboy said:
Check out Clarins in Yorkville. I think stupid WaySpa works with them too. Sweet Pedicure area
I went there today - loved it! There was NO ONE there which was fantastic.
I freaking hate yorkville though. I swear if someone smiled there (that wasn't working), the earth would open up and swallow them whole.

Reflex

TRIBE Member
Hello ladies of tribe, I need a recommendation for a spa that can take five women, some for manicures, some for pedicures - preferably all at once or at least a couple at a time, and on the less expensive side. Have a little bachelorette action that I need to take care of within the next couple of weeks.

Thank you!!

rhyss

TRIBE Member
OK. My friend Jenni has offered me a spa day when she gets in from NYC next month. All she said was "I can't afford the 4 seasons". Any location suggestions for an 8 month pregnant lady (I will be 8 months in August).

Pedicure is a must since I can barely touch my toes as it is.

deevah

TRIBE Member
Montreal Spas

I'm buying a pkg for a client as a thank you gift - any ideas which one would be along the lines of Stillwater, Pantages, Hammam in TO?

Reflex

TRIBE Member
Reflex said:
Hello ladies of tribe, I need a recommendation for a spa that can take five women, some for manicures, some for pedicures - preferably all at once or at least a couple at a time, and on the less expensive side. Have a little bachelorette action that I need to take care of within the next couple of weeks.

Thank you!!
Booked us in at Ritual. Havne't been there before, so I'll post a little review after.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
has anyone been to gQ Spa?

I received a WaySpa gift certificate and was thinking that I might want to put it toward a whole package and treat myself postpartum, although it occurred to me that I can't really be away from home right away much longer than an hour or so. That being said, I'm now thinking that maybe Sage and I could go for a mani/pedi together before the baby comes and get the massage later on my own.

ANYWAY.... I was checking out Spa's on the WaySpa site and came across gQ. I'm also thinking about Novo Spa and Shizen.

Anyone been? Or have a recommendation that accepts the WaySpa gift Certificates.

tess

TRIBE Member
good thread! i would love to go for a facial somewhere decent.. (but not 4 seasons decent.. lol)

how much is a facial like that? any spots in toronto (or anywhere in the gta really)