• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Let's Talk About Bras, Baby!

sugar

TRIBE Member
I have nothing to add at the moment, but bras are a common theme in the old girl stuff thread, so now it should get its own thread!

ps BOOBS

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
All I will say about that is

SECRETS FROM YOUR SISTER.

I will NEVER in my life buy my bras from anywhere BUT this place.
All my life, my shoulders and my back were hurting like a motherfucker, I was bitchy and I kept pulling on my straps since it was riding up.

Until last year... and now, my boobs love me.
And I love them back.

chooch

TRIBE Member
hmmmmm think i'll look into that place Jo!

i hate when my straps fall off my shoulders. that's all i got...i'm not a fan of any particular brand.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I wasn't either and I didn't know much about it either... I wore the wrong size all my life.
The bras ARE expensive, but they last and they are definitely worth every single penny.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

madnezz

TRIBE Member
here's what Tyra taught me:

80% of women wear the wrong size bra so, grab a measuring tape and follow these steps to learn your measurements.

Band Size: place your measuring tape just below your breasts and around your body. Once you have determined that measurement, add five to that number. If you get an odd number, round up. That new total represents your band size.

Cup Size: place the measure tape across the fullest part of your bust and around your body. Don’t pull the tape tight, leave it a little loose across your breasts. Subtract this number from the Band Size figure. The difference determines your cup size as follows: Less than 1 inch = AA, 1" = A, 2" = B, 3" = C, 4" = D, 5" = E or DD, 6" = F or DDD, etc.

http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/tips/bra.html

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I thought I was C36 and that's what I wore... or D32... I did the measurements myself and I followed them step-by-step.

When I got fitted at their store, it turns out I am actually DD30 - so yeah, I was WAAAAY off.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
30 is the diameter and the DD is the size of my boobs from the tip... I don't know, I think that's how it goes.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
well, the number is your rib cage size, and the letter is your cup size.

However, the smaller the number, the smaller the cup size too.
For example, a 36C might be the exact same size as a 34D.

I'm just wondering because I've seen pictures of you and I find it hard to believe you're a DD!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
That's what I mean! I was perplexed too when the girl told me. I said that she must be seriously wrong, but no... all of my bras are DD30. I will take a picture of the labels for proof. LOL

sugar

TRIBE Member
The size of the cup to the band is relative. That's why it's silly to call your boobs a B or C cup, because it's not all the same.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I really don't understand how this works, all I care is that my boobs feel comfortable, that I don't feel the straps and that I don't become a psycho bitch from pulling the straps.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Anyways, maybe the sizing in that store is a little different than the rest of the stores, since their bras are imported from Europe (and I am pretty sure their sizing is different).

In any event, I am very happy with their products and I recommend it to anyone that asks.

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
Calvin klein on bloor is having a nice sale of those half tank top ish bras with no underwire, in black & nude. $12 each, i love those since they support enough & i hate underwire. plus matching seamless undies.

I need to go to that sisters place for real, i think my bra size is fuckered & thats why all the underwires hurt my shoulders so bad..especially VS, those kill!

ps. AGAIN !!! see through non lacy front clasp bra???!!!

sugar

TRIBE Member
I think I wanna go to Secrets from your Sister too. Sounds like a place that might have a better selection of non-moulded-cup bras that aren't matronly and gross.

Bean

TRIBE Member
ladies, if you haven't already done so, i strongly recommend getting a proper bra fitting. if your bra fits correctly, it should NOT:

- dig into your shoulders or ribcage
- ride up (back strap should be lie horizontally flat against your back, not angled up)
- give you the double boob phenomenon
- leave red marks on your skin

getting a fitting ensures that you are wearing a bra that is the correct size and is COMFORTABLE!

for those in the north / central area of toronto, i recommend melmira bra boutique (yonge street, a few blocks of lawrence). they keep a record of the sizes and styles that you buy, for future reference. however, they are a bit on the pricey side (i think bras start at around $60). they also have a swim suit store, just down the street (where they also fit you!).

spending money on a good, comfortable bra is an investment. if you take proper care of it, it will last a looooong time.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
The girls are super friendly too. I am going there this Saturday as my custom-ordered bra is in (they didn't have my size in what I wanted) to see if I want to buy it or not. :)

They have a record of your size in their system, they keep you updated with the style, they teach you how to properly care for the bras, if the bra is not in store, they can order it for you, etc etc

ila

TRIBE Member
Where is Secrets From Your Sister?

Is it that place on the north side of Bloor between Spadina and Bathurst? Not too impressed by that place. Nice people working there though.