1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Leslieville Moms who use their $1000 strollers as battering rams

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, May 13, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Being a new yuppie mother may be all well and good, but it shouldn't include forcing little old ladies from the old age home (and anyone else in the way) off the sidewalk and into traffic as you take control of the sidewalks in Leslieville. WTF?!

Pushing your bundles of poo in your plastic $1000 8-wheeled mini humvees side by side on the sidewalk with your smug sense of entitlement, discussing Bob the Builder or the latest in front carriers, completely disregarding anyone sans child.

And besides, your kids were hideous looking! Having to look at either of them in a front carrier would probably require daily doses of gravol.

/rant

2. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

Alex I'm pregnant and I'm 37% sure it is yours.

3. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Just wait til those babies turn into spoiled brat entitled little teens.

4. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

sick rant.

5. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

Oh man. This is public enemy number one with me.

I get into this all the time on the Danforth with the moms and their strollers.

I didn't move one time and the two moms yelled at me then said "you don't understand you dont have kids and a stroller" (I was walking next to the building and they were on the outside. I had no where to go)

To which I replied

"actually I have two beautiful little girls and I would never be as ignorant as you with my stroller. Now go to starbucks you fat pigs"

I proceed on my way. I felt great.

My other fav is when the clip your heals with the wheels of their stroller from behind.

6. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

This shit is an epidemic on Roncevalles.

You are not entitled to have a double-wide stroller for your brood. The type of stroller pictured below does the same thing just fine:

[​IMG]
    The worst is when they park them outside in clumps and go in somewhere to shop/eat blocking the whole sidewalk. Worst thing is, these moms/dads are the first to throw the "family neighbourhood" card out when anything less than idyllic happens around them.

7. derek

derek TRIBE Member

agentRC4 agreed totally. even after redesigning the starbucks and secondcup, i trip over mad strollers.

riverdale is baby central man. reminds me of the scenes from HBOs 'bored to death' where they keep tripping over strollers in brooklyn. as soon as i saw it, i said to my wife, that's chester and danforth.

i never had this issue with skateboarders, they're tame compared with some of these moms.

8. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

cant these kids just get off their lazy asses and walk ffs.

9. ian

ian TRIBE Member

I think I read in Toronto Life that Roncesvalles has the highest concentration of kids/strollers/babies in Canada. I can believe it. . . nothing but strollers.

10. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

Roncesvalles and Riverdale have the highest concentration of children 10 and under in Toronto at the moment. That much I know for sure.

11. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

This is what I keep saying to my kids: "When the fuck are you gonna push me?!!!?"

12. Pottsie

Pottsie TRIBE Member

They wouldn't have to use them as battering rams if they also doubled as an AT-AT Walker
    [​IMG]

13. derek

derek TRIBE Member

they just need more dynamic strollers. some of the new strollers are freaking humvees and take up the whole sidewalk. it's not so bad if they recognize others need to use the sidewalk, but mostly they are oblivious to it. and the park those fuckers anywhere.

14. alexd

I like it that the coffee shop I hang out at (Yay Mercury!) blasts music so loud they are reluctant to bring their strollers in there thank god. I had to leave the place nearer my house (Red Rocket) because you couldn't move due to the screaming children and half dozen strollers randomly parked all over the space.

If I owned a coffee shop I would put up barricades to keep them out entirely. I don't bring my bike into coffee shops so why should you be able to roll your snot producer right up to the register.

15. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

I *HATE* double wide strollers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

16. alexd

Leslieville musn't be far behind.

17. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Leslieville will have the highest concentration of people fucked by higher mortgage rates in a couple of years.

18. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

i am 6% sure it is a ringworm. which reminds me. i have to dedicate some time to my new website lolworms.

19. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

I hate Sport Utility Strollers

20. ian

ian TRIBE Member

Wrong thread, or did the drugs just kick in? :D

21. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

no i peaked hours ago. i am just putting together a puzzle that might prove alexd to be the father of my ringworm love-child. (i still remember the day i discovered multi-quote. it was glorious)

22. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

People in motorized wheelchairs are bad for just charging down the street and hoping everybody gets out of the way.

23. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

although a little unrelated, this is fricken cool to watch

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  24. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

I'm gonna steal me some strollers and sell them on craigslist.

25. Matt Carl

Matt Carl TRIBE Member

there is this psychotic fake-red headed woman that drives her wheelchair around at the most insane, breakneck speeds in hazelton lanes. so careless, she doesn't care whose dog she runs over.

and that vid is nuts
    props to that dad!!