• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

lesbians, creepyness, promoter spam, and other shit

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by musork
I acctually wounder if your on the same planet as any of us...
In his defence..I think he comes accross just fine. Tribe is full of dirty birds. I don't think he stands out anymore then others. I am sure I can be quite the perve myself.

Imo this is the creepiest pic of them all.

 

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
ok while we're now officially on the subject of lesbians, I gotta say, the Divers Cite scene tonight was seriously the bomb. (in a good way)...

Echo Kitty...were pretty crappy, but seriously would be great at a loft party....
sequed over to catch the last couple songs of DJ Champion et ses G Strings....

They seriously destroyed. Highly recommended.

then some new resident Stereo DJ threw down some funky house... don't remember his name, but the tracks were seriously working. Danced with some dancer friends of mine, but what really had my mojo going was that chick dancing close to me who, um, seriously had some Princess Superstar thing goin' on... streaked blonde hair and designer shades...damn that combo works!
She was seriously working it, too...

ok, chugged over there to catch the last couple songs of The Organ (from Van). Again, they were pretty decent given that the chick couldn't sing worth shit. Ah well I guess when you've got mod hair you can get away with a lot.

On my way back to the open-air house gig I scored a whack of Trojan condoms from some chick dressed like a trojan. Great! I suppose the ones from last year are probably obsolete by now anyways.

Ok, hooked up with my friends, danced a bit more, took in the scenery, on my way out caught a bit of some over-the-top ballet drag show...

Apparently there are fireworks going off somewhere...

And now I'm at home, all warm and safe.

Some impressions: after that whacked out little thread shitstorm one page back, it's hard to tell up from down. In the end, I concluded, wtf that's some fun genderfuck scene. And it's nice when things are confused a bit.
b) Chicks wearing flourescent call attention to themselves, yet it kinda works. Kitchpop Lesbombs Rule!
c)think I saw Snarkee and his "girlfriend". Not too sure, but that's some decent designer jean jacket he was wearing. (Although, seriously dude, the fishnets on your girl... time for her to upgrade her sense of trashy).

ah well, tomorrow's another day. Of more of the same.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
What a strange thread.
that's what happens when multiple realities converge. It all becomes just one big mash...

Perhaps clearer delineations are now required...

Think I'll stick with the mash though. I like this fucked up shit.
 

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Polymorph
DJ Champion et ses G Strings....
saw them last year at the Montreal Jazz Festival and they blew me the fuck away, it was unreal. They "opened" for Misstress Barbara that night at Club Soda and, for me, they came REAL close to stealing the show. Definitely would love to catch them another time, though I believe they're not really a "band" as much as they are a somewhat flexible crew that get together once in a while for local montreal festivals.

-rude1
 

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
saw them last year at the Montreal Jazz Festival and they blew me the fuck away, it was unreal. They "opened" for Misstress Barbara that night at Club Soda and, for me, they came REAL close to stealing the show. Definitely would love to catch them another time, though I believe they're not really a "band" as much as they are a somewhat flexible crew that get together once in a while for local montreal festivals.

-rude1
ok, so we were actually in the same room. I was at that Misstress Barbara show...

as for them not really being a 'band'. Um, a month back they did the "Grande Evenement" outdoors at the Mtl Jazz Fest, performing in front of 100,000+ people. That was the main outdoor event, which will be televised on the CBC in the near future (somewhere)....

'na, I actually kinda know Maxime (dj Champion). It's not a 'side gig'. It's his baby, and right now they're the Big Thing in the Montreal electronica scene.

I mean, fuck, 100,000 people, including seniors and babies.... wild. (I was there).

I thought their set at Divers Cite was much tighter though..well, at least the last couple songs...which...seriously...destroyed... So cool to see a packed 'dancefloor' with all their arms in the air....

Hype, hype...believe it. They really bring it. And perhaps more importantly, they look as though they're having a fuck of a great time doing so!
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

musork

TRIBE Member
personally whats the big deal I mean champion is like neko case with a laptop... its not all that "innovative" and deserving of all the hype its getting in terms of being a ground breaking thing...
I mean there are tones of artists doing the same thing in mtl or at least the same formula ie laptop and live musicans:
freeworm
mossman
mossa
anrgon floozy
hexs and ohs
blunderspublik
michelle akiyama
gislene porieer
vitamins for you (befor they left for toronto)
rivers and mountains
and thats just off the top of my head with out thinking to to much about it... so I dont get whats the big deal most of the folks I mentioned in that list are doing it better IMHO I just dont find what maxime is doing is all that interesting hes an extreemly talanted artist and have heard alot of his other music and personally that sutt us way more innovative then what hes doing as champion in fact the first time i saw him perform as champion it as awesome much more innovative then what it developed into which is basically just a rock band with a laptop ... I dont get what or where hes tring to go with this project at this point as its just so bland...
 

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
yawn.

Firstly

Guislain Poirier

(whom I know, btw)

Most of the people you mentioned there would not trash Maxime.

Whatever.
 

musork

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Polymorph
yawn.

Firstly

Guislain Poirier

(whom I know, btw)

Most of the people you mentioned there would not trash Maxime.

Whatever.
I dont even think you know half of the artists I mentioned as most of them rarely play in mtl in fact argon floozy for example have only played 2 times in mtl both of them with me so I would know if your sorry ass was there or not opps I forgot there were enough under aged lesbians around at the casa for you to show up...

if you ever saw mossa play live which is also a rare thing you would not say that eather his live show is akufen with live instruments basically its probally one of the better mtl live electronics acts.. I think hes only played live once in public... at the sala for some epsilonlabs launch party for the mateo cd...

freeword is also equally amazing live its not overly my cuppa tea but I can tell quality intersting music when I hear it...

and hexs and ohs are better then just good they are AMAZING someone like your trendy self would probally love their electro pop music

oh and you know what dude no one cares who you know so stop name dropping its acctually annoying as most people on this board acctualyl know these people personally as well...
 

~atp~

TRIBE Member
How the shit do you people enjoy music when you're so obsessed with determining which category the music falls under and the stereotypical people with which that category is associated?
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
How the shit do you people enjoy music when you're so obsessed with determining which category the music falls under and the stereotypical people with which that category is associated?
I dunno. I'm too busy sliding between all these genre-specific rooms on Tribe.

Perhaps we do need clarity and order before we can collapse everything and mash it up.
 

musork

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmyth
^^ they don't play enough sports, thats the problem in a nutshell methinks.
umm todd thats how little you know me...
if you knew me you would know Im a competative mtn biker..but you dont know me well enough to know that about me...
also of note Im an active in boldering, rock climbing, snow shoeing, sking and the usual other shit like swiming... so Im not totally sure why you think that some of us are couch potatoes...
 
Last edited:

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by musork
umm todd thats how little you know me...
if you knew me you would know Im a competative mtn biker..but you dont know me well enough to know that about me...
also of note Im an active in boldering, rock climbing, snow shoeing, sking and the usual other shit like swiming... so Im not totally sure why you think that some of us are couch potatoes...
is everything about you Neil? Do I need to know your life story everytime I make a comment? The answer to these and many other questions is

NO.

Glad yer on the up and up with sports Neil, way to go there tiger, really impressive stuff indeed. Turn up the sarcasto-meter though k? I think yer losing the signal.
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

musork

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmyth
is everything about you Neil? Do I need to know your life story everytime I make a comment? The answer to these and many other questions is

NO.

Glad yer on the up and up with sports Neil, way to go there tiger, really impressive stuff indeed. Turn up the sarcasto-meter though k? I think yer losing the signal.
ok well so far all your posts in this thread has been directed at me so what do you expect I should thing differently all of a sudden... any ways what ever I realise that last post reads like ok what ever its un related and wtf... but I mean what conversation stays on topic ever...
 

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by musork
personally Im not to interested in posting in this thread any more as all its doing is giving free promo to a night Im not overly interested in...
??
 

~atp~

TRIBE Member
I mean seriously, can you guys not see how totally loonie this thread is?


"All minimal techno sucks!"

"No, you're just lame."

"Well you don't work out enough!"

"Whatever, I'm a mountain biker, which makes minimal techno awesome!"

"Pffft. I know you. It's always about you!"

"I'm out of here, I don't want to keep promoting parties I'm too good for anyway."
 

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
I mean seriously, can you guys not see how totally loonie this thread is?


"All minimal techno sucks!"

"No, you're just lame."

"Well you don't work out enough!"

"Whatever, I'm a mountain biker, which makes minimal techno awesome!"

"Pffft. I know you. It's always about you!"

"I'm out of here, I don't want to keep promoting parties I'm too good for anyway."
yeah I know. It's total script material.

Somewhere, woven throughout this, is the Truth.

but in the meantime it'd be really nice to get back to....um....yeah... ok....Let's chill on the S&M lesbians for a bit, but trust me, THEY'RE OUT THERE!
 

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by musork
umm todd thats how little you know me...
if you knew me you would know Im a competative mtn biker..but you dont know me well enough to know that about me...
also of note Im an active in boldering, rock climbing, snow shoeing, sking and the usual other shit like swiming... so Im not totally sure why you think that some of us are couch potatoes...

them aren't sports .... them are laptop activities!
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit
Top