• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

lesbians, creepyness, promoter spam, and other shit

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
new club night

electro and techno...

watch out it's going to be hot hot hot!!! :D

contact will be made in June! :cool:

i know... spam... I'm sorry... just very excited! :)

digitalux

TRIBE Member
noice...
I <3 techno and electro of the variety that i love neon parties had in MTL and if it's anything like that - which I highly suspect it is, then i'm there!! :D

from I love neon:

digitalux

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mrs peacock
Gee Matt what are you doing in the techno room ? ;)

Looks like our shit is getting invaded...

it better be sweet'
only sweet if some quality local techno and electro djs are booked to support some seriously innovative and interesting out-of-towners. I don't doubt it! :D

Let's see.... locals I'd like to see play this night with electro-infused sets: Sara Scrutton, Krista, Eliot Lazor, Andrew Allsgood, Destro, Caspian Rabone, The Dukes, Oddmyth, Kenny Glasgow.

MTL talent: Jordane Dare, Mateo Murphy, Sean Kossa, Evening, Cut throat Live, Tiga, Thomas the Marionette Pupeteer brotha', Nivoc, Dj Mini.

International - so many! I am excited to see who's gonna be featured...

patri©k

TRIBE Member
holy fuck.

how many times do I have to tell you!?

speedy.fucking.j.

just call the party 'techno induced bukakke'

kaniz

TRIBE Member
MTL talent: Jordane Dare, Mateo Murphy, Sean Kossa, Evening, Cut throat Live, Tiga, Thomas the Marionette Pupeteer brotha', Nivoc, Dj Mini.
seen the bolded ones a few times each, and would LOVE to see them come to TO.

DJ Mini was here in Nov in the lounge at Boa, she ripped it up good there :) talked to her for a bit after and she said she'd love to come back..

hopefully she gets booked again somewhere this summer.

I<3Neon and the overdose parties are great.

dsp909

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by patri©k
holy fuck.

how many times do I have to tell you!?

speedy.fucking.j.

just call the party 'techno induced bukakke'
Carlos Rios and Vincent de Wit are better.
Primal is a close second. get with the new.
Peace.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
no worries on the talent side of things.. some top notch names will be coming through. both international and domestic :)

FYI this is not a weekly thing... this is a series of one offs. And we encourage the people that attend to be creative and get a little crazy :D

digitalux

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
we encourage the people that attend to be creative and get a little crazy :D
crazy and creative like what? manditory passwords at the door to get in? costumes? color themes? props and accessories required? !

patri©k

TRIBE Member
sounds kinda ghey.

so like... yer gonna get people to wear all white... so that it wont only be your lips and your jeans back pockets glowing under the lights?

dsp909

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by patri©k
hey.. I don't like the cut of your jib today buddy!

don't make me send the Jatas after you!
LOL, you coming out to tech support this sat, pat?

patri©k

TRIBE Member
I kinda doubt it. I'm having a little BBQ tomorrow afternoon and who knows how late it'll go.

I was spoiled in Germany and the next TO techno jam I'm gonna hit won't be for at least another month. (unless someone books a stud)

Until then, I'll keep mixing it up with the dnb/hip-hop/jazz and turntablism.

I hope Ev has a night where everyone gets wrapped up in bubblewrap.

dsp909

TRIBE Member
well i'm happy you got outside the toronto scope of techno. let me know if you ever venture into belgium or hungary, you might be ready then. ;)

and yes bubble wrap is a good thing!!! and congrats to ev for a new night of dance music. woo hoo.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
god toronto people are so boring.

I miss partying in montreal where gay, straight, everyone was out and up for it.

Here it seems if a guy doesn't wear the standard baseball cap/trendy tshirt/jeans/adidas combo you're labelled as gay and it's a bad thing.

Bring on crazy fun themed costume gay/straight elechno badass parties ev and let's do it right!

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dsp909
well i'm happy you got outside the toronto scope of techno. let me know if you ever venture into belgium or hungary, you might be ready then. ;)

and yes bubble wrap is a good thing!!! and congrats to ev for a new night of dance music. woo hoo.

France techno is interesting.

dsp909

TRIBE Member
i was never a fan of noisecore/hardcore although i do love laurent garnier, Micronauts and les rythmes digital.

billy

TRIBE Member
before we get into that boring "montreal is so much better than toronto" topic, how about some more info about this night?

since when did nivoc play techno or electro? wasn't he a goa dj?

dsp909

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by billy
before we get into that boring "montreal is so much better than toronto" topic, how about some more info about this night?

On a side note, even though nivoc is not Armenian the word nivoc is Armenian for music. Actually, its pronounced "ne-voc"

carry on...

digitalux

TRIBE Member

uhh noh... never heard him play "goa". He runs ascend, default, consigned labels and the new www.lipstickmusic.com :p

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr

nope... although he is one half of nuclear ramjet, if I'm not mistaken... who do play on the psychadelic side of things.

as far as his actual djing goes I've only ever heard him play techno.. I believe he is a resident at Circus in Montreal? well at least he was playing there when i popped by a few months ago.

Last edited by a moderator: